PG Music Home
Tech support has confirmed that the file I sent them does what I describe below but while I am waiting for their solution I wonder if anyone else has had this problem.
It only started with 2017 and I am using all the latest patches.

When a song has at least 5 RT's I sometimes find that BIAB locks up when I freeze the song and hit play.
Any song with more than 5 RT's is even worse and nearly always locks up when frozen.
It NEVER happens if the song is not frozen and I can toggle between lockup/no lockup by freezing/unfreezing.
It happens on two different computers with ample resources even if I enable the "slow machine" options for RT's
I am running as administrator and have reset to factory defaults.

Perhaps someone could try to re-produce this problem - try with a song with 7 RT's to make it more likely.

Thanks
Tony
Just playing a tune with 5 RTs. I froze all and no problem.....

Two things no one wants to hear:
1) Hit the return-to-factory settings button
2) Your file is corrupt

Hey Tony,

I've had a similar problem with BIAB 2017. My computer will freeze up if I try and play any file with frozen Real Tracks. I've spoken with several folks at PG support and sent them a file that also freezes when they try and play it. I'm waiting for a response.

I've been using BIAB for 15+- years and have loved it. However, I've had more unexplained issues with 2017 than with any other release to date. Computer freezing, access violations, etc. Each new update patch seems to help, but all is still not running smoothly. Hoping things will get fixed!

P.S. I also always run "as administrator".

Good luck with your issues.

Frank
Originally Posted By: Frank Alves
Hey Tony,

I've had a similar problem with BIAB 2017. My computer will freeze up if I try and play any file with frozen Real Tracks. I've spoken with several folks at PG support and sent them a file that also freezes when they try and play it. I'm waiting for a response.

Frank

Thanks for the response, it confirms that there is definitely an issue.

Please, could someone else try playing a frozen song with 7 RT's and see if it locks up. I suggest 7 RT's because not every song locks up but it seems that the more RT's, the more likely to lock up.

Thanks
Tony
Tony, I just played a song many time with 7 frozen RTs and it played each time, i.e. no crashes. However I am using BiaB 2017 build 456. I have not had time to install build 457. What build are you guys using? Maybe I'll just stay where I am if the problem is with build 457.
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Tony, I just played a song many time with 7 frozen RTs and it played each time, i.e. no crashes. However I am using BiaB 2017 build 456. I have not had time to install build 457. What build are you guys using? Maybe I'll just stay where I am if the problem is with build 457.

I also played a song with 7 frozen RTs without issue. I'm on Windows 7 platform and 2017 BIAB build 457.

I also experimented with 6 RTs and a loop, 7 RTs and an audio track without issue. That just means it does work without issue on some 2017.457 versions and is no help defining where others issues are coming from.

Charlie
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
Originally Posted By: MarioD
I am using BiaB 2017 build 456. I have not had time to install build 457. What build are you guys using? Maybe I'll just stay where I am if the problem is with build 457.

Charlie

I had no freezes with Win10 and build 457, and 5 frozen, however, when I shut down it through several errors. I too have seen 2017 to be bit fit more finicky.
I first reported the problem on 2nd January so I was using 456 at that time. It was the same with 457 and now with 458.

Another way to make it happen is to press "Generate and Play" with a frozen song.

Tony
Tony,

Are any of the frozen RTs or Realdrums set to halftime, doubletime, tripletime?

Regards,
Noel
Originally Posted By: Tony Wright
... and now with 458.

Where's that?
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Originally Posted By: Tony Wright
... and now with 458.

Where's that?

Not released yet, a pre-release test version only.
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Tony,

Are any of the frozen RTs or Realdrums set to halftime, doubletime, tripletime?

Regards,
Noel

No, everything is single time

Tony
I'm having problems with multistyles in a song, maybe that's related.
Sometimes the styles are messed up, rarely it freezes the program.
© PG Music Forums