PG Music Home
I *promise* I'm trying to read manuals and understand this, but I seem to be getting no where. I really like the keyboard wizard feature because I can add a counterpoint to the line (with or without the melody) but for the life of me I can't figure out how to change the instrument.

I assume it's using midi channel one (which is defaulting to piano in the style I'm using) but I can't see how to change this (because I still want the style to have that channel/instrument). What am I missing? (And if you just want to point me to the manual somewhere, let me know what to look up -- I tried midi wizard but there are a TON of references and it didn't seem to get me any closer).
Ah, nevermind. Found it finally (the Thru instrument). Sigh.
The Thru track serves a dual purpose role.

It is the track that lets you play along with the other tracks in BIAB, and you make your settings on the Thru track.

It is also the track that gets captured when you record MIDI, and can then send it to either the melody or soloist track.

If you do use it record, you need to set the destination track with the correct instrument as well, or it won't sound the same. I have a wish list item in to (optionally) automatically copy over all the Thru track settings to the destination track when you record something, but that hasn't happened yet.
© PG Music Forums