PG Music Home
Posted By: Mus Easiest way to install BIAB on a new machine - 02/16/17 09:42 AM
Hi all,

I originally crossgraded to BIAB MegaPAK via 19 DVDs in 2008 and have downloaded the EverythingPAK $99 download each year since, plus various bonusPAKs.

Do I install in that order or is there a link I can get the standard 2017 installation from?

I could coppy my existing BB folder but recently I've been getting messages about missing instruments, so I'm not sure if it might be corrupted.

Cheers!
M
If you are not moving your installation to a different struggle or folder, I would keep what you currently have, and then go through just re-installing all your bonus packs (generally on DVD) in order from oldest to 2016. If anything is missing from those, the files should be added. You shouldn't need to install each years corresponding EverythingPak for the years prior to 2017. Then install the full 2017 from USB drive, and then install the latest update patches for BIAB, RealBand, and RealTracks/RealDrums. That should get you completely up to date. You should then go into preferences and make sure your Audio and MIDI devices are properly set up, as well as the paths to RTs/EDs. Also make sure you installed the new Sforzando VSTi, so that Super MIDI tracks work properly.

If installing from scratch, I would install the 2008 MegaPak and any bonus 2008 disks. Then install the FULL 2009 EverythingPak along with 2008 Bonus disks. Then install just the bonus disks for 2010 through 2016. Then install the 2017 EverythingPak and its bonus disks (along with Sforzando). Then install the latest patch files for BIAB/RB/RTs/RDs and you should be up to date. Do your preferences tweaking and make music.

Hope that helped.
Posted By: Mus Re: Easiest way to install BIAB on a new machine - 02/17/17 09:24 AM
Thanks John.

Perhaps I'll try to fix the folder I have already - is it common for other people to receive messages about missing instruments when loading up Styles?

I don't have 2017 on USB just the download - do you just mean the BIAB program itself?

Should I reinstall the Real Sets just in case some of these are missing?

Best
M
When I upgraded from 2016 to 2017, I had to tell 17 where my bonus packs were located. Initially, it didn't see them or know they were there. Once I made that connection, it found them nicely without having to do a reinstall of the packs.
If you want all of 2017, you need to have downloaded all the RTs, etc. Then just install them each in turn, since you don't have the USB drive (which effectively just copies of from the hard drive, rather than extracting from the downloaded install files). Make sure the last thing you do is update to the latest patch.

Hope that made sense.
Posted By: Mus Re: Easiest way to install BIAB on a new machine - 02/19/17 12:32 PM
Thanks John
Posted By: Mus Re: Easiest way to install BIAB on a new machine - 02/26/17 08:27 AM
Hi guys,

So...I have the machine and been installing Sonar, Komplete, EZDrummer etc. :-)

I have copied my bb folder to the D: Drive and located all of the updates and plus Paks for the last 8 years.

I have a 256Gb SSD drive with OS and programs - what is the best strategy for installing between the C: and D: drives for fastest loading?

I can't really spare 104GB for bb on the C: Drive so what should I do with the main BIAB/RealBand programs and stuff like Blues Pianist, Guitar Chord Dictionary, Latin Pianist, Forte, Sampletank, Amplitude and various 6, 12 and 49 Paks etc.?

Many thanks!

M

PS I forgot to copy the 236mb RealBand folder from my D: Drive...do I need to do that?

Run the installer and pay attention to the options (usually radio buttons or folder selection screens).

Use the minimal install so BB uses very little of your C: drive.

Then put the RTs and RDs on the D: drive (likely faster than the external drive anyway). And point BB and RB to those D: drive folders during your install.

Ideally you end up installing the executable/license etc on C: along with the PGMusic fonts and such, but should be a small hit to the C: drive.

If you install RB I would take the time/effort to point its RTs and RDs to the same folders on D: and also create a new folder on D: called TempAudio, then in RB Preferences point the TempAudio directory to that new D: drive folder.
This saves drive wear on the OS drive (as well as load) because RB defaults to using a temp storage area on the C: drive for stashing the chunks of data needed for recording, audio edits, undo, etc otherwise.

Better to have that happening on a secondary drive so the program and OS have better access to the C: drive with less interruptions.
Posted By: Mus Re: Easiest way to install BIAB on a new machine - 02/26/17 07:47 PM
Thanks rharv.

I looked at the installer and there is no Minimal Install option - BIAB, RB and AmpliTube plus fonts etc. add up to about 1Gb, but maybe that's about right? Not as bad as 104 Gb anyway :-)

Thanks for the TempAudio tip!

M
Yeah, that's pretty minimal considering RT sizes
Posted By: Mus Re: Easiest way to install BIAB on a new machine - 02/26/17 08:48 PM
OK thanks, done.

For the moment Preferences won't let me add a custom RealTracks folder but Real Drums was fine. Not sure where the TempAudio setting will be.

Late here in the UK - will attack again tomorrow :-)

M
Posted By: Mus Re: Easiest way to install BIAB on a new machine - 02/27/17 05:10 PM
Originally Posted By: Mus
OK thanks, done.
For the moment Preferences won't let me add a custom RealTracks folder but Real Drums was fine. Not sure where the TempAudio setting will be.

Well it's the same today...RealTracks Preferences will not allow me to tick the checkbox to change folder (there is no folder icon shown next to it either. Bizarre - as I say changing the RealDrums folder was OK. Have tried running as admin.

And...cannot see where the TempAudio setting is.

Thanks!

M
OK thanks, done.

Well it's the same today...RealTracks Preferences will not allow me to tick the checkbox to change folder (there is no folder icon shown next to it either. Bizarre - as I say changing the RealDrums folder was OK. Have tried running as admin.

And...cannot see where the TempAudio setting is.

Thanks!

M

you May well be onto something here Mus because my custom realtrack setting behaves in the same way, running 17 latest build. Readrums as in your case is fine.

My realtracks do show though as this custom folder was selected a good while ago probably on 16.

Could well be a bug.

Musiclover
Posted By: Mus Re: Easiest way to install BIAB on a new machine - 02/27/17 06:51 PM
Originally Posted By: musiclover

you May well be onto something here Mus because my custom realtrack setting behaves in the same way, running 17 latest build. Readrums as in your case is fine.

My realtracks do show though as this custom folder was selected a good while ago probably on 16.

Could well be a bug.

Musiclover

In the install I chose the E: Drive for RealDrums and RealTracks. The RealDrums are there now I have changed the path in BIAB but not the RealTracks.

M
Posted By: Mus Re: Easiest way to install BIAB on a new machine - 02/27/17 07:05 PM
...I can set the correct RealTracks path and TempAudio in RealBand but not in BIAB.

When I open RealBand it tells me my RealTracks are in a different path to BIAB and prompts my to make them both the C: Drive :-(

M
I think confirmed as a bug.
Should hopefully get fixed fairly quickly.

Attached picture 2017-02-28_17-53-19.jpg
Incidentally, RealDrums selection works OK

Attached picture 2017-02-28_17-56-38.jpg
Posted By: Mus Re: Easiest way to install BIAB on a new machine - 02/28/17 05:56 AM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

OK thanks, sent a support request to PG Music. Presumably they will give us some news soon :-)
Posted By: Mus Re: Easiest way to install BIAB on a new machine - 03/03/17 05:48 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack

OK thanks, sent a support request to PG Music. Presumably they will give us some news soon :-)

OK, as per another thread I reverted to Build 458 and changed the RealTracks folder to the E: Drive :-)

Now BIAB cannot find any Real Styles but it can find the RealTracks...? Only 450 or so Midi styles can be used...

Thanks
M
© PG Music Forums