PG Music Home
Posted By: Leon Carpenter ACW? - 02/23/17 03:09 PM
In the past seven years, have had little success with ACW. I now can locate bar one, play the mp3, BUT, cannot use f8 to access bar location after pressing play. Therefore, no joy. ------Leon
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: ACW? - 02/23/17 03:50 PM
Maybe there's a problem with the F8 function key. You can also use the + key on the Num keypad. Does that give you a result?
Posted By: DEddy Re: ACW? - 02/23/17 04:02 PM
Good tip: I'll try the +. But it's still tricky with F8, if you're off by a beat, you may get a different chord (or placement).

Thanks
DE
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: ACW? - 02/24/17 12:06 PM
I wonder if the F8 key is mapped to some other function on the O/P's computer, that's why I suggested an alternative.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: ACW? - 02/24/17 02:40 PM
Workaround - hit the spacebar to freeze the track and use your mouse to set a line exactly where you want it, use mouse to open menu and set bar. Hit spacebar to proceed.

Also you can use the mouse to click on the F8 button.

if you are working with a commercial release, you should only have to set a few bars to determine the tempo and normally can round the ACW tempo to the nearest whole number and be ok for that song.

Charlie
Posted By: Leon Carpenter Re: ACW? - 02/25/17 02:51 PM
The songs is commercial. Texas, as recorded by Lamar Morris. Typical Western Swing. (as it should be). Thanks, and I will try those alternatives.---------Leon
© PG Music Forums