PG Music Home
Posted By: DragonAsh DAW Mode - 'Could Not Create Wave File' - 03/04/17 07:40 PM
Pretty much what it says on the tin: I"m unable to drag 'n' drop, either to my DAW (tried in both Sonar and Reaper) or even to the desktop.

When i try to drag 'n' drop, I get a 'Message': Could not Create Wave File, twice, followed by a 'Error Creating Stereo Wave' message.
I get this regardless of the audio type I select to drag 'n' drop.

Thought I'd ask here in case there's a known solution before emailing Support.

Txs
Posted By: DrDan Re: DAW Mode - 'Could Not Create Wave File' - 03/04/17 08:03 PM
Just tried it and it worked fine. Do you have the current build?

or try Return to Factory Settings.
Yes, 2017 Build 459.

Return to Factor Settings didn't fix it either.

It's a bit strange, I can't any examples in the forums or online of anyone else having this error.

I'm on Win 10 64-bit. I have the main /bb/ folder on my D: drive, Real Tracks and Real Drums are on my M: drive.
Not sure if that would change anything.

Incidentally, when I'm in DAW mode and try to drag and drop, the cursor immediately switches to the 'no go' circle with a slash icon.
And since I get the same error whether I'm tring to drag 'n' drop to a DAW or simply to explorer, it must be some setting I'm overlooking in BIAB, although I'm stumped as to what it could be.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: DAW Mode - 'Could Not Create Wave File' - 03/04/17 08:58 PM
DragonAsh,

Welcome to the forum.

As a test aimed at trying to discover a little more, could you please try the following....

1. Close BIAB.

2. Restart the computer.

3. Right-click on the BIAB shortcut and select "Run as administrator".

4. Load song in BIAB.

5. Generate and allow time for the generation to complete (estimate around 30 secs; this is probably the time it takes to play the first 8 bars or so).

6. Try dragging the file now.

I use Reaper and dragging from BIAB directly to a track on Reaper works for me. After dragging the file, it took about 20-30 secs for it to be transferred from BIAB to Reaper.

Hope this helps,
Noel

Thanks - did all that, no change.

I -immediately- get the 'could not create wave file' error, and combined with the immediate 'no go' circle 'n' slash icon when I click on the track to drag it, suggests to me some issue in BIAB, not in the DAW (just in case I have tested it in Reaper, Sonar and the demo version of Studio One).

Quite stumped....

-S
I may have accidentally (?) fixed it!

Doing a bit more research, I tried dragging and dropping from Master (instead of 'Drums' or 'Guitar 1' etc) to a folder on my Desktop.

Normally, I get two consecutive 'Could Not Create Wave File' errors, but this time I only got one, after which the program seemed to freeze for about 20 seconds, during which time the title bar changed to 'Rendering RealTracks and Audio Tracks..please wait'.

After which I got the yellow notice pop-up thingee saying:
"D:/bb/DragDrop/Untitled Song_Render DragDrop_0.Wave successfully rendered".

Which is really weird, because upon further investigation...I didn't *have* a 'DragDrop' folder in D:/bb/!
In fact that folder didn't exist anywhere on my computer; even checked hidden folders and such.

The song didn't render to my desktop folder, didn't render to the DragDrop folder (which doesn't exist)...so where did it render to if it actually rendered? Very weird.

But since the program seemed to be expecting to dump something in D:/bb/DragDrop/, I made a DragDrop folder under /bb/.

And - well, everything seems to be working as expected!
Posted By: DrDan Re: DAW Mode - 'Could Not Create Wave File' - 03/05/17 12:51 PM
Ya, I was also a bit surprized to find that the recent drag and drop wav was not found in the B:\BB\draganddrop folder. I was prety sure that they used to go there??

But I have learned not to try to figure out the behind the scenes stuff with BIAB. Just glad that I can drag and drop onto my desktop or DAW.
© PG Music Forums