PG Music Home
Posted By: Beagle Repeats not working correctly - 03/04/17 11:40 PM
I'm using Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Version 2016 (438)

when I create even a simple repeat during playback when it goes to the repeat it stays on the same chord as the last chord of the measure before the repeat even though the cursor movement follows the chord changes through the measures of the repeat.

I don't know if this happens on every style or not, or if it's only certain styles. it doesn't happen every time, but maybe 50% of the time I've tried to use the repeats.

is there something I'm doing wrong?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Repeats not working correctly - 03/05/17 12:11 AM
Beagle,

Have you checked out the 5:45 video clip in the 'Intermediate' section of the following collection of videos?

It would be worth working through this if you haven't.

http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: Dave Re: Repeats not working correctly - 03/05/17 11:22 AM
Are you ceating repeats using the 'chorus ' repeat from the main screen, or from the repeats / endings dialogue?
Posted By: Guitarhacker Re: Repeats not working correctly - 03/05/17 11:28 AM
I never use the repeats or the musical sign posts, I always unfold it to one big chorus, but hey.... I hope you figure this out.

BTW: It's good to see your fuzzy face over here again.

For all the folks here.... it was this guy, many years ago in the Sonar forums who was talking about this thing called "Band in a Box" which he was using to do his drum tracks and more... and I asked about it, and he told me.
Posted By: Beagle Re: Repeats not working correctly - 03/05/17 11:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Beagle,

Have you checked out the 5:45 video clip in the 'Intermediate' section of the following collection of videos?

It would be worth working through this if you haven't.

http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm

Regards,
Noel

thank you, Noel! I watched this video on your suggestion and when I unchecked "FAKESHEET MODE" to see the hidden bars they were empty. that solved the issue.
Posted By: Beagle Re: Repeats not working correctly - 03/05/17 11:16 PM
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
I never use the repeats or the musical sign posts, I always unfold it to one big chorus, but hey.... I hope you figure this out.

BTW: It's good to see your fuzzy face over here again.

For all the folks here.... it was this guy, many years ago in the Sonar forums who was talking about this thing called "Band in a Box" which he was using to do his drum tracks and more... and I asked about it, and he told me.

Hey Herb! I haven't hung around here much lately but I still use BIAB a lot! I've been using it a lot more lately to generate backing tracks for me to play and sing along with as I lead at church when I don't have a pianist on Wednesday nights now!

I didn't use to use the repeats before either, I used to make one big sheet all the time, but when they work, they help a lot when I'm just typing in stuff from sheet music anyway.
© PG Music Forums