PG Music Home
Posted By: Lloyd S "Layers" and "Visual transpose" - settings - 03/24/17 04:29 PM
Is it just me or should these settings found under "Chord Display" on the menu bar, be "per song"?

When you set them, they retain the configuration, even after a shut down. Perhaps users like this "feature". I suppose if all your BIAB sessions, that is, creating new song files, uses layers or visual transpose, you would want that to be the default.

Just trying to get some feedback here before I take this to the Wishlist.

Thanks!
LLOYD S
I'm not sure what you mean by 'layers'. As for 'visual transpose', there are four ways I can think of to transpose in BIAB. If you use Preferences, Transpose then you get a warning box at the start of each session, telling you that a transpose is in effect. Which method are we talking about?
Matt:

As per my post, these settings are found on the "Views" portion of the menu bar, under "Chord Display". When you click the down arrow there, right at the top of the ensuing list is a an entry called "Layers".

If I use the flyout and select (say) "Normal" under the "Additional Chord Display" heading, the chord grid will now display the "regular chords" plus an area above each chord for the "Additional" chords (say) Nashville Notation.

That same dropdown contains (at the bottom of the list) a "Visual Transpose (any amount)" selection. (There are also lots of other "transpose" options there.)

Then when I'm finished my work session, if I've used either or both of those functions, BIAB "remembers" them when I open up a new session, rather than returning to a default of "not" showing them.

Thanks!
LLOYD S
Understood, thanks. I had never used that.
OK, I'm off to the Wishlist for this.
Thanks!
LLOYD S
© PG Music Forums