PG Music Home
I'm having troubles with the new BiaB version. As soon as I add a jazzy Realtrack (like 2143) that has "solo" in its name, it doesn't take much time to generate a track: that makes sense for only the first half bar has some sound to it. Adding non-solo tracks is no problem. For some reason however I do manage to add a heavy metal guitarist (396) to a slow bossa song, but that's not what I wanted.
Hi Koky,

Welcome to the forums.

I've just tried RT 2143 and it generated fine for me.

This made me wonder, did you use the "Generate" button in the Realtrack Picker window to generate the track or are you are you generating after exiting the Realtrack Picker. Whichever way you've been doing, try the other way and see if it helps.

Also... as a test could you please try the following.

1. Under "File" select "New".

2. Type in a few chords (you only need to add them to four or so bars).

3. Set the tempo to 140 (since this is the tempo best suited to RT 2143).

4. Load RT 2143 in the track immediately below the Drum track (second from the top).

5. Press "Generate and Play". (Try soloing the track to see if you can hear just the sax.)

Did this work?

Regards,
Noel

Dear Noel
Thanks for your help!
Generating or regenerating doesn't help for RT2143 in my song. I tried a complete new song (with just a C chord). There it worked fine. So my earlier song has some problems with allowing solo RTs.

Then I pasted my chord progression in the new song, all tracks regenerate, but the 2143 is silent again after the first half bar...
I generated the chord sequence from a midi file; would that be an indication? Furthermore, I do notice (after pasting my chord progression) a red horizontal bar is present in the "1a" box on the top left. Another indication? If I check F5 (bar setting) nothing special is indicated on silencing the Soloist.
Hi again, Koky.

The "red horizontal bar" was going to be my next question given that a new file worked for you.

This red bar indicates that you have some bar settings in place and it sounds like at least part of those settings are telling the soloist to mute.

To eliminate these bar settings...

1. Right-click mid-bar on the chordsheet.

2. Select "Bar Settings" from the pop-up menu.

3. Down the bottom left of the bar settings window, there's a button that says "Reset ALL Bars". Select this.

4. Press OK to exit bar settings.

5. Press "Generate and Play" to regenerate the backing.

How did it go this time?

Regards,
Noel

Great, thanks, Noel! This helped. [F5] didn't show any strange things at all on earlier inspection for the jazzy soloist line, but Reset all bars (or the cryptic Dutch "Terug Alle Maten") did the trick. As soon as I see a red horizontal line, I know how to fix it. Still strange that a metal guitar solo (396) is able to overrule the red line. Anyway, I'm happy now.
Excellent. I'm glad you got it working!

© PG Music Forums