PG Music Home
Posted By: Callie - PG Music The Band-in-a-Box Medley Maker - 04/10/17 05:59 PM
The Medley Maker feature is perfect for creating your own medley of Band-in-a-Box songs!

Within Band-in-a-Box, click on the [Song Form] button within toolbar, and choose Medley Maker from the menu (or choose File | Import | Medley Maker).

From there, just add your songs and press [Make Medley NOW].

Complete Steps from the Help File:
To make a medley:
- add songs by pressing the [Append] or [Insert] button.
- remove songs using [Delete].
- change the order of the songs using [Move Up], [Move Down].
- for any song, customize using the "Settings for this song" group box, including changing the style, tempo, key, start bar, # of bars, and # of transition bars. Press [Update] after customizing to see your changes in the medley list.
- choose the type of information to include with your medley (styles, key signature changes, lyrics etc. in the "Include with Songs" group box
- choose a number of transition bars (the default is 4). Transition bars are automatic bars of chords inserted by Band-in-a-Box to transition from one song to the other, generating an "outro" and an "intro" between songs.

Press the [Make Medley NOW] Button to generate a Medley.

Info:
-The maximum size of the medley is 255 bars (about 7 minutes).
-You can have multiple choruses, so if you had 3 choruses of a 250 bar medley, it would last 750 bars.

Learn more about this feature when you check out our Band-in-a-Box 2008 New Features video.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: The Band-in-a-Box Medley Maker - 04/10/17 06:03 PM
Originally Posted By: Callie - PG Music
-You can have multiple choruses, so if you had 3 choruses of a 250 bar medley, it would last 750 bars.</i>

This tip is deserving of wider distribution.
Posted By: jford Re: The Band-in-a-Box Medley Maker - 04/10/17 06:12 PM
However, medleys generally don't repeat themselves.

I would rather have 750 bars to create the medley in, than be limited in getting half way through the third song and running out of bars because I hit 255.
Posted By: ovation99 Re: The Band-in-a-Box Medley Maker - 04/13/17 11:45 AM

+1
© PG Music Forums