PG Music Home
Posted By: Rich59 delete lead in measure on one track only - 04/17/17 08:00 PM
Is it possible to delete a lead in measure that is not being used on one track. I have 2 pitches sounding while the drum count is happening on my bass track, I went to edit notation and cannot find any notes to delete. Thanks for your help in advance
Rich
Posted By: Noel96 Re: delete lead in measure on one track only - 04/17/17 08:20 PM
Rich,

I'm not quite sure what to make of your problem. It's not one that I'm familiar with.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but the way I'm interpretting your post is...

1. You are referring to the 2-bar count-in that's built into BIAB.

2. The problem sounds are on the bass track.

3. I'm assuming that you know that the problem lies with the bass track because you've sequentially solo'd each track to isolate which one it is. Is this a correct assumption?

If the above applies...

When you go into Editable Notation Mode, to see the notation on the bass track, you need to select the button I've highlighted on the image below. Did you do this?

Also,

Are you using Realtracks or MIDI tracks?

If you could do a Printscreen of your main screen and then post the image, it would be very beneficial for all of us to see. (The link below will take you to a thread that explains how to post images if you are unsure how to do this.)

http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=386690#Post386690

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture bass track notation.JPG
Posted By: Rich59 Re: delete lead in measure on one track only - 04/17/17 08:48 PM
I did exactly as you understood it. There are no notes on the lead in bar on the bass track. I tried a print screen but the lead in bar does not print on the page.
Rich, one of the questions asked by Noel is:
"Also, Are you using Realtracks or MIDI tracks?"

That's a very important one to answer. If you are using Real Tracks then there won't be any editable notes.

Can you use F5 to mute the track(s) for the desired bars, and them un-mute them on the following bar?
Also, can you describe the two pitches? Are they constant tones? What instrument(s) (if any)?

Is this particular to one song or all songs?

What Style are you using?
Posted By: Rich59 Re: delete lead in measure on one track only - 04/17/17 09:16 PM
real tracks. This is occuring during the count in bars. I can't mute it because it does not show up on the chord screen
If you mute every instrument in the mixer, and then generate, is it still there?

Can you answer any other other questions?
Posted By: Rich59 Re: delete lead in measure on one track only - 04/17/17 09:25 PM
I can but I have been doing this for two and a half hours. I need to clear my head. I will reply tomorrow if that is okay. This night has been a total bust.
Regards,
Rich
You can, Track Actions > Save As Performance File
Audio > Move Performance Track to Audio
Audio Edit > Snap > highlight lead-in > Delete/Cut
Posted By: Rich59 Re: delete lead in measure on one track only - 04/18/17 08:45 AM
where do I find Track-Actions. I have looked all over BIAB and cannot find it.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: delete lead in measure on one track only - 04/18/17 08:54 AM
Rich,

What happened when you tried Videotrack's suggestion about muting everything and then seeing if you can still here the sound? This is important. He's testing to see if maybe an audio file has been rendered and is playing along in the background with your BIAB file. (This is easy to have happen.)

Track actions are in BIAB 2017 and found by right-click on one of the BIAB tracks (Bass, Piano, etc.) across the top or in the mixer.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Rich59 Re: delete lead in measure on one track only - 04/18/17 09:04 AM
I here the drum stick count off and the strange sound . Okay all tracks muted and no sound at count in. What next.

Originally Posted By: Rich59
where do I find Track-Actions. I have looked all over BIAB and cannot find it.

I think this is what Pipeline is referring to:

Attached picture 2017-04-18_22-09-04.jpg
Posted By: Rich59 Re: delete lead in measure on one track only - 04/18/17 09:13 AM
I have BIAB 2013. May have forgot to mention that.
OK, 2013. That will be important, as the menus are different.

Also, converting to Wav as was suggested doesn't solve the problem, it really only avoids it.

What Style?

What RealTracks?

What does the tone sound like?

Is it possibly interference (oscillation) or an instrument (Organ, Flute?)

Give us something to work with.
Originally Posted By: Rich59
I here the drum stick count off and the strange sound . Okay all tracks muted and no sound at count in. What next.

Obviously it would be to un-mute only one track at a time and determine if it is a particular track (or tracks) that causes the problem.
Posted By: Rich59 Re: delete lead in measure on one track only - 04/18/17 09:21 AM
style c_Eagle2 Contemporary Country, Bass and piano midi. All other tracks real. I un-muted bass track and that is definitely where it is happening but only at the count in. sounds like two pitches solid tone. When I moved it to real band I can actually see the sound at the count in and delete it but I cannot see anything in BIAB.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: delete lead in measure on one track only - 04/18/17 09:57 AM
Rich,

Could you please take a print screen of your chord sheet so that we can see it? It might help. (We don't need a print screen of the notation... just the chord sheet.)

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Noel96 Re: delete lead in measure on one track only - 04/18/17 10:11 AM
Also...

Try the following...

1. Under "File" click on 'New' to load a brand new blank chord sheet. This is important.

2. Go into Stylemaker and locate C_Eagle2.STY.

3. Load the demo song for the style.

4. Exit to the chord sheet. (The chord sheet should now be populated with the chords for the demo and the tracks will be loaded with the demo's instruments.)

5. Generate and play.

Was the count-in issue still present?
Posted By: Rich59 Re: delete lead in measure on one track only - 04/19/17 07:50 PM
Cannot print chord sheet. The print to pdf function will not work. I have tried to install the driver multiple times, Says its installed. When I try to print it says not installed. Rebooted computer and still does not work. As for loading the demo it worked fine. No issues.
Use BullZip pdf printer http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php
Rich, it would be better to mention the printer issue in a new, separate thread. That way you'll probably get more / closer attention to that particular issue.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: delete lead in measure on one track only - 04/20/17 04:07 AM
Rich,

It won't be possible to paste a graphic as pdf in the forum.

To post an image of your chordsheet, do the following...

1. Open BIAB and load the problem song.

2. Press 'Printscreen' to copy an image of the chordsheet to the clipboard.

3. Open Microsft Paint (it comes with Windows).

4. Click on the blank sheet in Paint and then press CTRL+V to paste the image from the clipboard into Paint.

5. Save the image in Paint as a jpg file.

Now if you follow the instructions in my earlier post on how to include the image in a reply, it will post ok.

Regards
Noel
Posted By: Rich59 Re: delete lead in measure on one track only - 04/20/17 08:46 PM
Here is the chord sheet

Attached picture Tequilla Sunrise chord sheet.JPG
Posted By: Noel96 Re: delete lead in measure on one track only - 04/21/17 05:33 AM
Hi Rich,

I can't do much at the moment because I'm without internet.

Thanks for the image. I'm glad you got it working. Unfortunately that was not the one I was hoping for. I apologise. It seems that I didn't explain myself well. What I was after was a picture of the BIAB chordsheet.... the opening screen of BIAB where a user types in the chords and where one sets the key and the tempo, etc.

I was hoping that if I saw it, it might give me some clues.

Also, you mentioned that you can see the problem in Realband. Are you able to upload an image of that screen so we can all see it? That could potentially be useful.

Noel
Interestingly, when I followed Pipeline's instructions to convert the midi bass to a .wav performance track and move the performance track to audio, upon doing that and opening the audio editor, there were artifacts in the opening bar. Don't know if they were there prior to the conversion just thought posting may help get to a solution.

Attached picture Capture.JPG
Posted By: Rich59 Re: delete lead in measure on one track only - 04/23/17 08:06 AM
I finally figured out how to locate the artifacts but cannot delete them. I cut it and it is no longer on the screen but I still here it. I was confused earlier following Pipeline's instructions.

Had to unfreeze the track and re-Generate the track. Now artifacts are gone. Everything is good. Thanks for all your help. Greatly appreciated.
Rich
© PG Music Forums