PG Music Home
Posted By: lambada Video and Audio streaming - 04/22/17 04:44 AM
Hi

It was recently suggested to me that video and audio syncing problems whilst streaming could be due to my processor doing too much work whilst streaming. I have a reasonable system with lots of RAM (see below), but I'm wondering if I froze all my Realtracks, would it reduce the processing considerably? I use BIAB 2017 live which I wish to continue to do and don't really mind if the arrangements don't vary. I don't use mp3 or wave files streaming as my external gear is being managed by midi from BIAB.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Video and Audio streaming - 04/22/17 02:12 PM
I believe the answer is YES! when using Band-in-a-Box. Band-in-a-Box will play the beginning of a song file while still continuing to build the remainder of the song file as a background file. That means Band-in-a-Box is performing many background tasks while playing the song.

While the song is playing, Band-in-a-Box is also having to perform a lot of file reads to access the RealTrack files and then assemble the snippets to be played. This is repeated for each RealTrack and RealDrum instrument track.

You can change this behavior in BiaB for Windows by pressing Ctrl-E (or selecting "Options" and then "Preferences ..." in the menu), the "RealTracks" button (# 1 in the screenshot below)and then removing the default check marks for "speed up generation of RealTracks" and "High Quality Tempo/Pitch Stretching" as shown in # 2 of the screenshot.

Attached picture Cntrl-E.jpg
© PG Music Forums