PG Music Home
Posted By: AudioTrack Plunkett song - Style not listed? - 05/09/17 09:21 AM
Could somebody try to see if they can reproduce this please?

First, Clear all Filters in the Style Picker

Enter Plunkett (1) and press Enter (2).

Filter changes to 3/4, Even 8, 70 tempo etc (3), but there is no style shown in the list (4).

Attached picture 2017-05-09_22-15-02.jpg
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Plunkett song - Style not listed? - 05/09/17 09:31 AM
I get the same result when I follow your instructions.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Plunkett song - Style not listed? - 05/09/17 09:36 AM
Thanks Charlie for checking. I'll make a report. frown
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: Plunkett song - Style not listed? - 05/09/17 10:02 AM
VideoTrack:
I too am a bit confused about what that "Filter String" box is supposed to do. Here's a recent "chat" I had with Support -

Tyler 4:29:04 PM
Welcome to PG Music's Live Help. How may we assist you today?

Lloyd Sillito 4:31:29 PM
Hi Tyler. BIAB 2017 (462) Windows. I understand there is no longer a way to see a list of the "24 Built-in styles" like there used to be. I am trying to get that list within the new StylePicker window. When I type in "zz" (without quotes) into the filter string, it still lists over 2000 styles. Help!

Tyler 4:32:10 PM
One moment please while I look into this.

Lloyd Sillito 4:33:09 PM
OK thanks. Standing by.

Tyler 4:38:42 PM
We do not have a feature like that anymore, you are correct.

Tyler 4:39:00 PM
You can order by set number and go to the earliest sets we have would be my only suggestion.

Lloyd Sillito 4:42:15 PM
OK, I was aware of that, and I'm aware of the sorting by sets. What I'm after though is a list in the StylePicker window of ONLY those styles that begin with ZZ. That way I can use the Action button there, then "Save current style list as a user category". Why does the list show so many styles when I've filtered the list to show only ZZ? Any ideas?

Tyler 4:46:11 PM
It'll take anything that is listed in the lower detailed window below.

Tyler 4:46:43 PM
for example, I type zz and its a folk style, but in the description of that style it uses Jazz RealDrums.

Lloyd Sillito 4:48:32 PM
If I type JAZZ into the "Filter string" box, shouldn't it show me only the styles with JAZZ in the name?

Tyler 4:50:35 PM
Well it'll show you general instruments using that style in the name, if you filter through the style picker you'll see country and folk also listed when you type jazz.

Tyler 4:50:43 PM
This is because they are using a jazz instrument within that country style.

Lloyd Sillito 4:52:13 PM
OK, I understand. I thought it was a "pure" filter that would only show what was typed into the "string" box. Thanks for your help! Have a great day. Over and out.

Tyler 4:52:38 PM
You too!

Lloyd Sillito has ended the chat.
Posted By: Joseph Land Re: Plunkett song - Style not listed? - 05/11/17 10:02 AM
Try clicking the Include Similar check box. When I do that I see 425 styles listed that are supposedly similar but not exact. When the box is left unchecked, the styles listed drops to zero.
© PG Music Forums