PG Music Home
Posted By: Trygve Larsen 464, from happy to disappointed... - 05/20/17 05:08 AM
Early yesterday morning I downloaded and installed the 464 update and was excited to see if my problems would be gone.... First try was to generate a new song using real track, Tried the dropbox for midi and it worked ! I was sooooo happy...
But then, I loaded one of my 2016 songs and tried again. This time BANG, BiaB crashed ! I was thinking some really bad words, but wanted to see if it was because it was a track made in 2016, so I restarted and generated a new track with RT, and BANG, same happen again ! This time not immediately, but all the other tracks that was turned to mute did not made it back from muted as i use to do. So, when I tried to unn mute those tracks, BiaB crashed... Tried several times, and crashed every time I tried... Never crashed before, just did nothing...
Posted By: Noel96 Re: 464, from happy to disappointed... - 05/20/17 06:17 AM
Trygve,

If this was happening to me, I'd go to the Support site and download update 463 and install it. Doing this takes the program back to the previous update.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: LtKojak Re: 464, from happy to disappointed... - 05/20/17 07:56 AM
Trygve, you need to take your computer to the shop and have the RAM and/or HD revised/replaced.

BIAB is NOT at fault here. Your computer is.

HTH,
Posted By: Noel96 Re: 464, from happy to disappointed... - 05/20/17 08:58 AM
Trygve,

Just to double-check...

You mentioned earlier that you have everything installed on your computer's internal hard drive.

Does this mean that you run your computer without the Audiophile drive plugged in?

If you do keep the USB drive plugged in for the wav file Realtracks and Realdrums, could you unplug it for the moment so that you are running entirely from your computer. You will need to go into the Realtrack preferences and Realdrum preferences and remove the checkmark from "Use a custom folder for Realtracks/Realdrums" if the audio drive was used for wav files. (When trying to sort out problems, I've found that it's much better to keep it simple to begin with.)

With the above in mind, I'd like to go back to square 1 at the moment.

I need to make sure that your MIDI and audio drivers are suitably set.

1. Select "Options | Preferences".

2. Click on the "MIDI Driver" button. (It's on the top row of buttons and 5th from the left.)

Now... as shown on the image below...

3. Select "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth" (#1 on image).

4. Where the image shows 'Cakewalk TTS-1' in #2 and #5, click on both these buttons and select Coyote WT from the drop down menus.

5. Make sure that checkboxes #3 and #4 are selected (as shown).

6. On button #7, check that MME is selected as the audio driver. If it is not, click on the button and set it. (MME is always the best audio driver to use when solving problems.)

When you set this up, what did you have to change?

Also, give the above settings a trial test without the USB drive plugged in and let me know how things went.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture midi setup VSTi 2017.JPG
Posted By: DrDan Re: 464, from happy to disappointed... - 05/20/17 10:35 AM
Been putting 464 through it paces on a project this morning with no problems so far (now that I discovered this Soundtrack Melody Maker stuff) . My workflow is generally simple where I rough everything out and then move tracks to my DAW. But I am not shy about letting you know if a problem is found.
Posted By: rallypally Re: 464, from happy to disappointed... - 05/20/17 12:58 PM
it definitely is the update 464.(out of memory errors)

just reinstalled update 463, and everything works again flawlessly...
Posted By: rallypally Re: 464, from happy to disappointed... - 05/20/17 01:01 PM
hi Trygve

I reinstalled 463, works fine again...problem isnot your computer
Posted By: Noel96 Re: 464, from happy to disappointed... - 05/20/17 02:45 PM
Trygve,

When you were having the above problems did you exit and restart BIAB?

As mentioned in a much earlier post, when I ran into problems from using the Soundtrack Generator, I restarted BIAB and all was well. Do your 2016 files play ok if you do that?

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: 464, from happy to disappointed... - 05/20/17 11:54 PM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Trygve,

Just to double-check...

You mentioned earlier that you have everything installed on your computer's internal hard drive.

Does this mean that you run your computer without the Audiophile drive plugged in?

If you do keep the USB drive plugged in for the wav file Realtracks and Realdrums, could you unplug it for the moment so that you are running entirely from your computer. You will need to go into the Realtrack preferences and Realdrum preferences and remove the checkmark from "Use a custom folder for Realtracks/Realdrums" if the audio drive was used for wav files. (When trying to sort out problems, I've found that it's much better to keep it simple to begin with.)

With the above in mind, I'd like to go back to square 1 at the moment.

I need to make sure that your MIDI and audio drivers are suitably set.

1. Select "Options | Preferences".

2. Click on the "MIDI Driver" button. (It's on the top row of buttons and 5th from the left.)

Now... as shown on the image below...

3. Select "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth" (#1 on image).

4. Where the image shows 'Cakewalk TTS-1' in #2 and #5, click on both these buttons and select Coyote WT from the drop down menus.

5. Make sure that checkboxes #3 and #4 are selected (as shown).

6. On button #7, check that MME is selected as the audio driver. If it is not, click on the button and set it. (MME is always the best audio driver to use when solving problems.)

When you set this up, what did you have to change?

Also, give the above settings a trial test without the USB drive plugged in and let me know how things went.

Regards,
Noel

Thank's a lot again Noel... No, I did not install all, just the option 2 in the installation procedure.. Only the WMA files...

Today I installed BB on my laptop to see if the same happen, I followed ur description here to the letter, after installing the 463 update.. Exactly the same happen on my laptop as on my desktop...

I first generated a new song with real track, dragged 3 of the tacks to the midi drop station, and it worked fine, except when I tried to auditioned it within BB. No sound. But when I open the the folder and played the files with WMP, there was sound.

Tried it with two different songs, and no problems. Then I open my song from 2016 and tried to drop one real track to the midi drop station, and BANG, BB crashed again ! All the other tracks went red first, but when i tried to do anything, BANG.

But hey, wait... When I was writing this, I was thinking, let me try just one more track, so I open just now, another 2016 track, and to my surprise, it worked ! Hm...

Could it be just that one track I always tried, because this track I need the midi for in a project, is corrupted? Because I observed something strange when I open it, that the name of the song was no longer the name of the file I open, but the name of another song of me... Hm.. Have to try more tracks now...

Yepps yepps, IT WORKS ! Just tried 3 other tracks from 2016 and all 3 worked...

So ok, just have to use another song for my project..

Thank's a lot again for all ur patient work to help me out Joel
Posted By: Noel96 Re: 464, from happy to disappointed... - 05/21/17 12:06 AM
Trygve,

Quote:

That's good to hear!

It is possible that the file that's causing the crahsing is corrupted. As I said somewhere else to you recently, it's rare but it happens.

You could try this...

1. Open the problem file in Realband.

2. Save it as an MGU/SGU file with a new name. (You'll need to select this save type since Realband defaults to SEQ.)

3. Open the new named file in BIAB.

I've done this occasionally and it seems to fix some files (not all, though).

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: 464, from happy to disappointed... - 05/21/17 02:01 AM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Trygve,

Quote:

That's good to hear!

It is possible that the file that's causing the crahsing is corrupted. As I said somewhere else to you recently, it's rare but it happens.

You could try this...

1. Open the problem file in Realband.

2. Save it as an MGU/SGU file with a new name. (You'll need to select this save type since Realband defaults to SEQ).

3. Open the new named file in BIAB.

I've done this occasionally and it seems to fix some files (not all, though).

Regards,
Noel

You are an ANGEL Noel ! And a genius one too ! You saved my day and my project... Now I can finely go on with my project.. It's a music visualization project where I will upload my songs to youtube with visualization made with Magic Music. By using midi, so much cool stuf can be done.. I hope to be able to make something like this video; Youtube Video
© PG Music Forums