PG Music Home
Hi,
One workflow improvement that I would like to see added is the ability to (optionally) set a default preference that would force BIAB tracks to be panned to zero and also to have any reverb turned off when exporting them as WAV files - either individually or all tracks.

Whilst it is great to listen to them within BIAB with pan and reverb I prefer to take the tracks into my DAW in a 'clean' state and apply these effects within my DAW. Iit is easy to forget to turn them off manually before an export and i have more than once wasted time starting to create a DAW mix only to realise later and have to start over with the export again.

Also, unless I am missing an interface feature, it is quite fiddly to zeroise pan values manually and it takes a bit of sliding to and fro with the mouse. A quick double click to zeroise function would be great.

Many thanks, Aubrey
Aubrey
Maybe this is a good one for the Wishlist section?
Aubery,

It takes two clicks but there's already an option to do that. Right-click on "Master" and then select "Set mix to flat, dry, center"

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture master flat dry centre.JPG
I always open the file in RB and export from there. I have never noticed panning or FX on the files I export.

I too prefer to add my own.
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Aubery,

It takes two clicks but there's already an option to do that. Right-click on "Master" and then select "Set mix to flat, dry, center"

Regards,
Noel

Thanks for the reminder Noel!

However, it would be better if they simply gave me an option during exporting my tracks to export them as flat/dry/center. Using the technique you explained, while helpful, changes the settings in the file which means it will then need to be changed back or saved as flat/dry/center. I'd rather keep my song with BIAB style defaults but export as flat/dry/center!
JohnJohnJohn,
I'd like that option as well. I enjoy as well as learn from the panning/reverb in the style mix but the reverb particularly isn't very tweakable and often the level won't scroll up to 100 even so I have to type in the 100. Added to that is the frustration of realizing that, yet again, I've exported with level, panning & reverb as BIAB set them and have to do it again (with my computer it can take up to 10 minutes to export a wav).
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Aubery, It takes two clicks but there's already an option to do that. Right-click on "Master" and then select "Set mix to flat, dry, center" Regards, Noel

It's there all right, only the volume of the exports, set to "normalize" on the "save tracks with options" usually is too low, so i mostly adjust them by hand in the mixer, some 20 (dB?) above the level of 90 set by this option ... F
Thanks, Noel. Very useful option for live PA rendering. I stream with panning and reverb etc in BIAB, but it's not appropriate for my PA.
© PG Music Forums