PG Music Home
Yesterday I was entering chords into BIAB and decided to listen, then it froze, couldn't "generate" the playback. I tried various methods to close the program, including turned off the computer, restarted, shut down, even RESTORED the computer to an previous date, same problem. Have I done something to the program?
Hello OldJoeClark and welcome to the forum!

There is a chance the file you were working on is corrupted. Does Band-in-a-Box load and playback a demo song correctly? What if you create a new song file, type in just a few chords and save as a new song file?

If it turns out the song file is corrupt you may be able to save the file by loading the file into RealBand and then saving the file. Sometimes RealBand is able to straighten out a corrupt file.
Joe,

In addition to Jim's thoughts (which sometimes happens)....

When you restored the computer, was this to a date before BIAB was installed?

If so, it may be necessary to run the installation program again so that Windows is properly set up to run the program. (It's not necessary to install Realtracks or Realdrums, just the program. The minimum install will do this.)

Also, do you have the BIAB startup file set to run BIAB in Administrator mode? To test this, rightclick on the startup shortcut and select "Run as administrator".

To set Admin mode permanently, rightclick on the BIAB shortcut, select Properties, and then under the "Compatibility" tab, select "Run as administrator". Set the Realband startup shortcut similarly.

Regards,
Noel

OJC, BIAB works better with the MME audio drivers. ASIO drivers can cause lockups.

Also turn off monitoring in your DAW when recording or you'll introduce latency into your mix.

Bob
© PG Music Forums