PG Music Home
Posted By: johnnyzell Change style in middle of song - 06/13/17 02:58 PM
New problem! When I change styles in the middle of an arrangement, it's changing the previous style to a "silence" in two or sometimes three instruments displayed. What "switch" (Ha! Ha!) am I not throwing right?

Win10pro, Dellxps27, BIAB build 465
Posted By: jford Re: Change style in middle of song - 06/13/17 03:27 PM
Johnny -

Are those instruments defined in the style you are changing to? Not all styles use all instruments available. Some styles just have a bass, drum, and guitar, leaving the other two tracks silent.

If you just load the second style, what instruments do you see.

Or are you saying that when you put in the second style, the first style doesn't play those tracks anymore during that part of the song? If that's the case, please let us know which styles you are using so we can see what is going on.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Change style in middle of song - 06/13/17 03:33 PM
Also, just checking, you are doing this by pressing F5 at the place where the new style starts, and selecting a different style in the F5 dialog box, yes?
Posted By: johnnyzell Re: Change style in middle of song - 06/13/17 08:54 PM
Yes, John! I'm inputing _mylilly.sty in the middle of the song. But I originally begin with _moonriver.sty . . . As soon as I put in the _mylilly.sty the _moonriver.sty parts change. I get "silence" on 2 sometimes 3 instruments. I can reboot, but to no avail. Hence, the problem shows up when I input the .sty change into the middle of the song.

And NO, Matt. I'm not using F5 for anything. I use "bar settings".

Thanks guys, JZ
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Change style in middle of song - 06/13/17 09:28 PM
Good one, Johnny. F5 is Bar Settings.
Posted By: johnnyzell Re: Change style in middle of song - 06/13/17 10:14 PM
O that's funny, Matt!! I've been "right clikking" on a bar, then picking "bar settings" with my mouse! Turns out I've been doing a lot of extra work! Ha!
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Change style in middle of song - 06/13/17 10:25 PM
Seriously, it might actually be a better way. If you let a little time go by, you might not remember the keyboard shortcut but you can always find your way via the menu.
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Change style in middle of song - 06/14/17 09:00 AM
_moonriver.sty is a midi style whereas _mylilly.sty is a RealTracks style. If you choose another style that is similar in style to _mylilly.sty but is a midi style, then your song will generate normally. At least it does for me here.

Charlie
Posted By: jford Re: Change style in middle of song - 06/14/17 12:54 PM
As I understand it, I don't think you can mix and match MIDI and RealTracks on the same track, even by changing styles at a certain bar.

Until they can make that work, there should at least be a warning to indicate that it won't work properly.

The entirety of the track needs to be either all MIDI or all Real.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Change style in middle of song - 06/14/17 02:18 PM
I concur with John. Further, I've had difficulty changing from one type to the other when the style seems to override my selection.
Posted By: johnnyzell Re: Change style in middle of song - 06/14/17 02:53 PM
That worked, Charlie! Thank you! Now, are there any tracks, that you know of, that can be mixed?
Posted By: johnnyzell Re: Change style in middle of song - 06/14/17 03:46 PM
Well, I tried that "fix" and it worked!! Now, it's all midi or all RT's! That will be fixed in the future, I'm sure. JZ
Posted By: johnnyzell Re: Change style in middle of song - 06/14/17 08:31 PM
Thanks Charlie! That worked! JZ
© PG Music Forums