PG Music Home
Posted By: George Nelson Is there a bug? - 06/14/17 07:01 AM
Anyone have this problem (never noticed it before)

I purchased the new Xtra 3 pak and installed it..all went well.

I then went into the style picker and selected the choose and show user category Xtra 3 all styles.. all went well.

I then started to select and load the individual Real Styles..all went well.

I noticed that when I loaded the song demo for each style and used the play button in the style picker the t= (tempo) didn't change.

I went into the Options button and selected the Always Change Tempo to best tempo for style whenever a style is loaded.

If I select the very first style in the Xtra 3 Pak (_1Dance tempo=170) BUT the tempo remains at whatever I set it to previously (this happened with all the Styles I select).

I have to go into the Options button in the style picker and select Change 4-Bar Preview tempo to best tempo for style, although I am not using the 4-bar preview (it is unticked).

It then works as it should.

Can anyone replicate this?

George
P.S. sorry for the long winded post.
P.P.S. shows the same for All Real Styles
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Is there a bug? - 06/14/17 08:25 AM
It is normal behavior that you must set the proper tempo when the Play Button is selected. Otherwise, it will use the default style tempo. The Play Icon below will default to the tempo of the style.

I have found the Play Button, that plays the selected style over your chord progression and tempo, to be a very powerful search feature and I've recommended to Joanne Cooper that it may be a suitable topic for her to feature in a future blog she publishes monthly.

I'll leave it to her to explain in more detail, but in conjunction with the Style Picker filters, not only can you quickly audition styles, but it is a fast, simple way to also quickly search and find suitable RealTracks or midi/super midi individual instruments that work with your chord progression.

Charlie
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Is there a bug? - 06/14/17 03:02 PM
Hi Charlie,

I think you have mistaken what I was trying to say.

Quote:
It is normal behavior that you must set the proper tempo when the Play Button is selected. Otherwise, it will use the default style tempo. The Play Icon below will default to the tempo of the style.

Select the Style Picker and go to options and set the 4-bar to be unchecked then try to demo each different Realstyle with the play button (in the Style Picker) and you will see that the tempo doesn't change BUT if you set the 4-bar in options (in the Style Picker) and then demo the Realstyles again you will see the tempo changes to whatever the tempo (in the memo) is set as.

George
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: Is there a bug? - 06/18/17 11:31 AM
Stylepicker and selecting Xtra PAK styles .... where does it say from which pack they are (no 1,2, or 3)? .. F

Attached File
stylepicker 01.png  (5 downloads)
Posted By: MikeK Re: Is there a bug? - 06/18/17 01:41 PM
Xtra Pak 3 is actually showing as set# User in the style picker... that's odd.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Is there a bug? - 06/18/17 05:47 PM
fiddler,

If you go into Stylepicker and then...

1. select the "Category" filter

2. select "Choose and show user category (#1 on image below)

... it's possible to filter by Xtra styles 1, 2, 3 (or substyles within those packages).

Attached picture Xtra styles.JPG
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: Is there a bug? - 06/19/17 03:34 AM
AH, again you nailed it. Someday i must get you a nice cool beer .... thnx, F
© PG Music Forums