PG Music Home
When I save a RealTrack as a .wav file, the sound played back in my DAW is dry, even though the reverb in BIAB is set to 50.
This was not always the case, was it?
What am I missing, besides the reverb..?
I am using the latest build of BIAB 2017
examples- RT #s 2348 & 2553 reverb set to 50, renders dry.
Bloc-head,

Did you add reverb as an insert effect or did you use the reverb fader on the mixer panel?

I believe the reverb on the mixer panel adds reverb only to midi instruments. To add reverb to an audio track like a performance or RealTracks you need to add a reverb effect as an insert. Use the Plug-Ins section and replace the [None} with a reverb effect.

I tried it using a direct input guitar RealTracks and the PG Reverb in the first insert slot of the Guitar track. With the reverb in bypass mode the guitar track rendered the direct input audio but with reverb engaged the reverb worked as expected.
In the above two posts I notice the term 'Render' VS 'save as wav' being used ..
they are different processes.

Solo a track and render to wav; should include effects
Save a track as Wav; should not include effects

That is why they are different.
Ok, now I understand.
Thank you both for the explanations, much appreciated.
Originally Posted By: rharv
In the above two posts I notice the term 'Render' VS 'save as wav' being used ..
they are different processes.

Solo a track and render to wav; should include effects
Save a track as Wav; should not include effects

That is why they are different.

I didn't know that either. I knew both selections existed but did not understand why both were needed. confused Now I know. wink Thanks for explaining that rharv! grin
smile

Attached picture MoreYouKnow.png
© PG Music Forums