PG Music Home
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Adding harmonies/Chord solo to RT - 06/23/17 02:16 AM
I just accidentally discover that we can add this feature to the RT track also, if the RT tracks has Charts and are loaded to Melody or Soloist track. I think this is great!!! Since we cannot yet add VSTi to any audio tracks, the sound quality will depend on the quality of the GM we use. But for rendering that track alone to a wave file, we can use any VSTi as GM in the default Synth slot for optimal sound-quality...

This open up for a suggestion I will post in the Wish list forum, to let us use the midi version of the RT in any track, together with the RT, by allowing for both VST and VSTi in all tracks, independent of that being audio or not. Since there in fact is MIDI also in most of the RT instruments, if made available by the Chart by PG Music...
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Adding harmonies/Chord solo to RT - 07/05/17 05:41 AM
I know I cannot always expect help from the community with all my questions. But no help from PG Music? That's a bit disappointing for me....
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Adding harmonies/Chord solo to RT - 07/05/17 06:22 AM
Originally Posted By: Trygve Larsen
I know I cannot always expect help from the community with all my questions. But no help from PG Music? That's a bit disappointing for me....

Leo,
How did you contact PG Music?
PG Music staff may periodically view the Wishlist forum, but it's rare that they respond. If you contacted via the Wishlist forum, I wouldn't expect a response at all. That is not to say that it hasn't been seen by PG Music staff though. As I understand it, this is a forum for users (you and me), not PG Music staff. Just trying to clarify.
Posted By: MikeK Re: Adding harmonies/Chord solo to RT - 07/05/17 11:24 AM
VT is correct. PGMusic Staff is not "obligated" to scan the forums for issues/problems or questions. They've got plenty of other things to do.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Adding harmonies/Chord solo to RT - 07/05/17 07:52 PM

Trygve,

To my way of thinking, these are "Users Forums" that were created for the user and are not sales forums nor technical forums.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Adding harmonies/Chord solo to RT - 07/05/17 07:57 PM
Trygve,

Regarding harmony generation from a MIDI melody, you might also like to have a look at the "Harmonies Editor" (see the graphic below).

This feature is explained in a video that's found at the bottom of the 'Archive' section at the following link.

http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm

The video is called Band In A Box 7: Harmonies.

Even though the video clip uses an older version of BIAB, the principles are the same today. I've had a look at it and I think that you'd get quite a bit from it since you've been experimenting with harmonies.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture harmonies harmony editor.JPG
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Adding harmonies/Chord solo to RT - 07/06/17 01:35 AM
Thank's for the respond guys ! One thing first; I was doing a mistake here, making a comment on my own post, BUT, the wrong one ! The one I actually had in mind was this one; http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=419818#Post419818

Anyway, I understand what u all r saying, and if that was entirely correct, I would agree. But u r actually not correct. This forum is a PG Music Product Forum. Just look at the top here; PG Music Home » Forums » PG Music Product Forums » Band-in-a-Box for Windows And that means there is a difference here. If we started a userforum outside somewhere, that would be a userforum PG Music was not obligated to scan for issues and give advice. At least that's the way I se it. Main reason; If everyone of us would send an email to PG Music with our questions and problems and have an answer back, how could everybody else with the same problems/questions also benefit from the answer given?

But ok, I might not understand everything right about this. But I can compare it to other forums where I have been a member and the owner/moderators are around every day to answer question and help people out with problems. Not all, but most of them. Last one I scanned was the Rapid Composer forum. I was impressed by the owner and developer of that programs engagement.. Purchased the software right away. Other company sucks big time. Seems like the bigger they are, the least they care for the customers...

But u guys rocks ! If it wasn't for all of u, I guess I would have given up on BB....

Thank's for the tip Noel! Will check out that video...
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Adding harmonies/Chord solo to RT - 07/06/17 11:42 AM

Anyway, I understand what u all r saying, and if that was entirely correct, I would agree. But u r actually not correct. This forum is a PG Music Product Forum.

Yes, it is a PG Music Product Forum. It has Forum Rules, too.
I'm not taking any sides here, but nowhere in the Forum Rules are PG Music Staff obliged to participate and/or answer user's posts.

Maybe we all wish there was more input from the staff, but, simply speaking, we cannot criticize them if they don't. Historically speaking, for this particular forum there is only a small amount of staff participation. That doesn't make it right but it doesn't make it wrong either.

Compulsory staff participation is simply not part of the rules. <peace>
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Adding harmonies/Chord solo to RT - 07/07/17 12:00 AM
Point taken... <peace>
Posted By: Trygve Larsen Re: Adding harmonies/Chord solo to RT - 07/07/17 12:46 AM
The video was great Noel ! Did not know that I can let the song play when chose the harmonizer and by that actually hear how it sounds before I chose it... Great news for me...
© PG Music Forums