PG Music Home
Posted By: dunbar7376 Where did my chords go! - 06/27/17 12:58 AM
Hi All,

Just downloaded 2017 and updated the latest patch of BinaB.

When I open old songs created in previous versions, or even enter new chords in the Chords View, I see no chords! It's just white space.

Any suggestions?

Dunbar7376 / Tom Marvan.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Where did my chords go! - 06/27/17 01:16 AM
Have you tried running BiaB as Administrator? (right-click the desktop icon and select)

Also, try resetting to Factory Defaults (Options > Return to Factory Settings) - you can optionally save your current program settings first (Options > Save preferences as)
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Where did my chords go! - 06/27/17 02:14 AM
I think the return to factory settings will fix this.

If it doesn't, might you have set a color scheme such as white on white? The test would be, do the chords play normally even though you can't see them?
Posted By: dunbar7376 Re: Where did my chords go! - 06/28/17 11:33 PM
Thank you Matt and VideoTrack for your suggestions.

I have reset to factory settings and launched as admin, but I still have white on white. All my saved files play as normal, and if I try to blindly enter chords and generate a new song, it will do so successfully, I just don't know what the chords are.

I have experimented with display options and, although I was able to change various colors (of substyles etc.), I could not find the option to change the chord color or background color. I even experimented with my computer resolution, but to no avail.

I ran Band In A Box 2015 successfully on my Windows 8 laptop for a couple of years, but when I upgraded to Windows 10 about 18 months ago, I had a black on black chords display. Based on advice in the forum, I deleted my intrface.bbw file from he bb directory (a sort of factory reset), relaunched in admin mode, and all was good.

When I open Real Band, the chords show up just fine.

I am stumped and frustrated, but open to suggestions.

Tom / Dunbar7376
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Where did my chords go! - 06/28/17 11:40 PM
Tom,

Try changing your display settings in Windows Control Panel, open Band-in-a-Box, then set your display settings back to what you currently use. Maybe BiaB just needs to "see" something different.
Posted By: dunbar7376 Re: Where did my chords go! - 06/29/17 12:13 AM
Thank you, Jim.

Just before I read your post, Windows prompted me for a system upgrade. I went ahead and allowed it, launched BinaB in admin mode, and voila! the chords appeared (BinaB indeed did see something different).

Thank you all for assistance. In just 2 days, I have gone from wanting to throw my laptop in the trash to being inspired to write a new song, as well doubling my average posts to this forum over the last decade from 1/yr, to 2/yr!

Tom / Dunbar7376.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Where did my chords go! - 06/29/17 12:16 PM
Tom,

Don't wait so long between posts! smile Very satisfying to read your Band-in-a-Box is working properly. Cheers!
© PG Music Forums