PG Music Home
Posted By: Art How do I disable the 8-bar preview mode - 08/21/17 11:02 AM
Before today, I had not experienced this "8-bar preview" mode.

I don't know why this has happened or what I might have inadvertently done but, as of this morning, on first load or press of the play or generate button, many newly loaded songs play 8 bars only then stops. (i.e. preview) On a second button press, the song plays all the way through.

Does anyone here know how to disable or turn this 8-bar preview off so the program can return to playing ALL songs 100% through on the first button press?

I came across the following thread from a few years back (http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=242987) but it seems to have ended without a solution or resolution.

Thanks in advance for any kind assistance.

BIAB 2017 build 467

Machine: Win7 64
Processor: Intel Core i7-2600K CPU@ 3.40GHz
Memory: 16.0 GB
Try Options, Return to Factory Settings and report back. You will have an opportunity to save any custom settings first.
Posted By: Art Re: How do I disable the 8-bar preview mode - 08/21/17 03:29 PM
Thanks Matt for replying.

I did what you suggested then I spot checked 7 songs...so far so good.

I've got another 40 songs to do on this current project so if the 8-bar auto-stop mode returns, I'll report back.

Thanks again.

Cheers!
I do recall someone else reported this within the last year. Don’t know what caused it, but the fix is easy enough.
Posted By: Art Re: How do I disable the 8-bar preview mode - 08/21/17 04:41 PM
Well, I ran the "Return To Factory Settings" routine, spot checked 7 songs and though I was good-to-go but as soon as I settled down to start to work again on the project, the 8-bar auto-stop thing happened again on the very next two songs after I posted my thank you note to Matt! (:-(

Although this auto-stopping thing, which just started today, is not the most serious problem I've ever faced, I still, nevertheless, would love to know how to disable it and have the program return to playing EVERY song 100% all the way through on the first Load/Play/Generate button press.

Are there any other ideas of what might be causing this preview mode to invoke itself on some songs and not others? I can't tell or predict the song(s) on which it's going to happen.

The only thing that has changed regarding my computer system environment since yesterday is the fact that I cloned my C drive and started working off of the clone...

(Could that be the reason!?) I don't see a nexus there but I'm a complete neophyte when it comes to the program code and technical workings that go on behind-the-scenes. I'm all at sea here. Any other ideas of how I might shut that preview mode down would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance again for any kind assistance.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: How do I disable the 8-bar preview mode - 08/21/17 05:00 PM
Art,

Have you been playing around with "Generate Soundtrack" that's found under the 'Melody' menu? If so, make sure that "Whole song" is selected and "Desired duration" is de-selected.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Art Re: How do I disable the 8-bar preview mode - 08/21/17 05:23 PM
Thanks Noel96 for the tip. No I've never been in this window at all, however, upon your advice, I went there right away and found that "Whole song" was NOT selected and that number of bars was set to 8.

I selected "Whole song" and noticed some very hopeful changes in the # of bars window. I'm anxious to continue working on the project to see if this is the solution for which I've been looking. I'll report back either way.

Thanks again,

Cheers!

Art
I think it is. I remember that as being the area in question last time. Different context, same result.

But the odd thing is that I would expect Return to Factory Settings to have reset that to Whole Song.?
Posted By: Art Re: How do I disable the 8-bar preview mode - 08/21/17 06:58 PM
Well, I hope I'm not speaking too soon again but I've done another 8 songs without having that "first-pass, 8-bar governor" rain on my parade!

Thanks Noel and Matt! Your tips and suggestions have helped shed some big light on a situation about which I hadn't a clue. I still don't understand why it started to happen today, but hey, if it's working the way that I like now and stays that way, I'm happy! (:-).

I'll post a situation status update tomorrow around this time, as by then, I plan to have a lot more project songs done.

Kind regards to you both,

Cheers!
Hi Matt and Noel,

The 8-bar governor hasn't reappeared a single time since you guys help guide me to the solution that worked.

Case solved. Thread closed.

Thanks again,

Cheers!!

Art
Excellent, Art. I'm pleased to hear it.

Thanks Art, very good.

But you don’t get to close the thread. We are going to keep commenting until we get it right!
Good to know. Thanks guys!
© PG Music Forums