PG Music Home
Posted By: Sandra Sherman Problem with new Line at part marker - 08/25/17 11:12 AM
Hi y'all,
I have a one bar lead in and would like the leadsheet to show that bar in a single line. The next line should be the actual start of the song. Therefore I gave the second bar a part marker.
In the prefereces settings I checked the "New line each part marker" in the notation tab. While all the rest of the song follows that part marker rule, bar Nr 2 doesn`t. It`s just for the optics, but it drives me nuts.
Anybody can give me a hint?

Thanks a lot,
Sandra
Posted By: jford Re: Problem with new Line at part marker - 08/25/17 11:17 AM
I may be wrong, but it seems from the "way back memory recall" that the new line for part markers only works when there are two or more bars.

This may require a wishlist item.
Thanks John. Maybe I find a workaround.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Problem with new Line at part marker - 08/25/17 05:39 PM
I think John is correct. This should be something we can control. Wishlist.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Problem with new Line at part marker - 08/25/17 06:38 PM
Sandra,

It used to be as John and Matt say that the minimum split had to be 2 bars.

I think it was 2017 that introduced some control over this. If you go into "Display Options", have a look at "New line every section" and then set the "Minimum section" to 1. This should do the job.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture new line part marker.JPG
Posted By: Lloyd S Re: Problem with new Line at part marker - 08/25/17 06:55 PM
Noel to the rescue !!
Thank you sir.

LLOYD S
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Problem with new Line at part marker - 08/25/17 07:07 PM
Oh! Cool. Thanks Noel. I’m changing my default value now.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Problem with new Line at part marker - 08/25/17 08:46 PM
Glad to see the information is useful!

Posted By: jford Re: Problem with new Line at part marker - 08/25/17 09:11 PM
Yay, I missed that setting.
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Problem with new Line at part marker - 08/26/17 07:22 PM
It's amazing isn't it? They're fixing and tweaking so many things in every new patch that us old timers who "think" we know how something works need to open up 2017 and check for sure before we try to answer.

Bob
© PG Music Forums