PG Music Home
Generating a Guitar Chord Solo is easy with Band-in-a-Box® when you access this great feature by clicking on the "Chord Solo" icon in your main (full) Band-in-a-Box screen, select the "Ch Sol..." button within the Guitar Window, or from within the Melody or Soloist menus.

What does it do? Automatically & intelligently generates a guitar chord solo for any melody!

Video link: http://www.pgmusic.com/helpvideo.htm?vidid=qxOHUCZkoMU&autoplay=1&start=0&os=Win
Must try this.
I presume there should be a melody first to guide matters? This as it works on the melody track by adding notes to existing midi data already there (picture 3), but not on an empty case soloist track, (picture 1 & 2). BTW a great feature as such. F

Attached picture BIAB Chord solo 01.jpg
Attached picture BIAB Chord solo 02.jpg
Attached picture BIAB Chord solo 03.jpg
Callie, please don't start forgetting the link to the video (presuming there was one) for us that can't see the inline hyperlinks. You've usually been so accommodating in this respect, so here's hoping this was just the odd slip.
Btw, I've never tried this either since I've never really seen/heard it in action and thus not quite grasped the concept.. confused
It's interesting but a bit quirky. You'd have to be a pretty good guitarist to master some of the chord solos! Also, it's a shame the printed score has such a large font by default for the notes that the tab and chord boxes are hard to decipher.

I spent quite a bit of time with the options in the display and notation options screen but nothing really fixes it. Also even after I'd stripped out all but the melody line from the midi using the very useful options in the sequencer button on BIAB, I found it added in a bass line from somewhere.

It would be good if there was a way to separate the left and right hand of piano parts. Many midi files use left and right hands to separate parts. eg chords and melody.

Nonetheless, I simply love the idea of this. To be able to pull in midi files and automatically create jazz chord solo pieces is terrific.
It seems to me a lot of the built in midi soloists already have this feature included in them automatically in some fashion... confused
© PG Music Forums