PG Music Home
Posted By: T.S. Player Play back Issues - 08/27/17 01:10 PM
I am experiencing play back issues with BIABPRO2017. The problem seems to be three fold.

First, If I select a style from stylepicker, the tempo is always set at 85 bpm. The file will play fine until I change the tempo. If I change the tempo the playback audio gets gritty.

Second, my auto chord wizard does not make a preview sound when I select chords from it. And yes, I have sound on everything else.

Third, Realband has no sound when I load and play any type of file.

Now the background: Installed the program August 16th and contacted BIAB tech support because of an install error saving the file. I was told to install the July update. I did, program seems to work fine.

A week later I mistakenly ordered and installed Xtra Styles PAK2 and that is when the issues surfaced. The addon would not work with BIAB PRO 2017, so tech support told me to uninstall the addon, and to also delete INTERFACE.BBW and MYSETUP.DK.

From that moment on BIAB has presented the three problems I just described.

HP Laptop, Window 8.1 64 BIT, 4 GB RAM AMD 1.3 GHz processor,500 GB Hard Drive.
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Play back Issues - 08/27/17 01:32 PM
TS, this is the wrong forum for this question. Read the FAQ's shown at the top. This site has a bunch of specialized forums including Band In A Box for Windows which is where you should post this.

Bob
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Play back Issues - 08/27/17 03:10 PM
In Biab
Options > Return to factory settings
Options > Preferences > Audio
Options > Preferences > Midi Driver

In RealBand
Options > Preferences > Audio
Options > Preferences > Midi > Midi Devices
Posted By: T.S. Player Re: Play back Issues - 08/28/17 02:20 PM
It has now been moved to correct area.
Posted By: T.S. Player Re: Play back Issues - 08/28/17 02:21 PM
Pipeline,
The Auto Chord Wizard still has no sound when selecting chords. Sound works everywhere else.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Play back Issues - 08/28/17 05:01 PM
I'm not quite sure what you mean by the "Auto Chord Wizard". Do you mean 'Chord Preview' that uses SHIFT+ENTER to play the current chord?

If so, try this...

1. Go into Prefs.

2. Select MIDI Driver.

3. Set the 'Output Driver' to 'Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth' as shown on the image below.

Even though you probably have a VSTi being used as a synth, it's necessary to have the above Output Driver setting for Chord Preview to work.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture midi driver image no numbers.JPG
Posted By: T.S. Player Re: Play back Issues - 08/28/17 09:17 PM
Noel,
My Mistake, it is the chord wizard. The play back issue is the biggest problem at the moment. I will look into the chord wizard asap. Thanks for the reply.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Play back Issues - 08/29/17 05:08 PM
When you deleted the above two files you mentioned, it forces BIAB to create new versions of those files. It is equivalent to doing a factory reset.

Because these two files contain all the settings, when BIAB is restarted after deleting them, BIAB will be in the same state that it is immediately after being newly installed. This means that it is now necessary to reset all the audio and midi settings. This could explain your problem.

Go into "Options | Preferences" and set up your system the same as shown on the image below by numbers 1, 2, ,3 ,4 ,5 ,6, 7.

That should get your sound up an running again.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture coyote WT and audio settings.JPG
Posted By: T.S. Player Re: Play back Issues - 08/31/17 12:47 PM
Thanks Noel,
That got my sound back.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Play back Issues - 08/31/17 04:20 PM
Excellent!

Now, under the "Options" menu, there's an option that will allow you to save your current set up (i.e. "Save Preferences"). I suggest you do this so that if the unexpected once again happens, it will be very easy to (re)load in your settings that work.

© PG Music Forums