PG Music Home
Posted By: madoues Remove Lyrics - 08/28/17 06:21 PM
Hi,

I want to print lead sheets without the lyrics but can't find how to remove them. I can delete them, but only one word at a time.

Can I chose not to print them, or can I delete them all at once?

Dan
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Remove Lyrics - 08/28/17 10:14 PM
Depending on if they are Bar-based or Note-based lyrics, these options might give you what you require:

Attached picture 2017-08-29_11-10-20.jpg
Posted By: madoues Re: Remove Lyrics - 08/29/17 12:25 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I tried that, it is already set at no lyrics.

I imagine that note based lyrics are tied to a note time-wise. So since my lyrics are still shown, they must be the other type of lyrics that are not tied to a note. What is the difference with the other type of lyrics, how are they timed if not tied to a note? I'm a bit confused by this. And where can you access them as an entity instead of just one syllable at a time?

Dan
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Remove Lyrics - 08/29/17 05:43 AM
Dan
Did you try setting these options: (Don't)"Print Note based" - unchecked, and "No Lyrics (Bar Based)" ?

Attached picture 2017-08-29_18-39-23.jpg
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Remove Lyrics - 08/29/17 08:23 AM
In addition to Trevor's thoughts, it would also be worthwhile trying the "Erase Note Based Lyrics" under the "Edit | Lyrics" menu.

BEFORE doing that though, save your file with a new name so that you can get back to the original file with lyrics in if you need to.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture erase note based lyrics.JPG
Posted By: madoues Re: Remove Lyrics - 08/29/17 12:25 PM
Hi again and super thanks for your replies.

You each gave me a solution that would've likely worked yesterday and will definitely help me in the future.

First off, I didn't notice that the check mark and the scroll bar were two different things in print options. I may have had the check mark set to print note based lyrics thinking if I had the "no lyrics" in the scroll options there should be no lyrics. However, my program doesn't have the option of "No Lyrics (Bar-based)" in the scroll bar, just "No lyrics (Line based)". ???

Noel's solution would also have worked.

I have had BIAB since the mid 90's and upgraded fairly regularly. But I am only now starting to use it on a regular basis. I have to admit, although I just love what the program does, I have always just hated the GUI. It has improved a bit over the years, but it stills seems to me to be completely counter-intuitive. It seems you can search forever for something you know is there, but just can't find it.

Yesterday after my post, I opened an MGU file that had soloist playing at the same time as the melody and wanted to turn it(soloist) off. Well, I went to the soloist drop-down to turn it off, then the soloist button on the track toolbar and didn't find how in either places. I searched for a while before I finally found in the mixer one of two channels called piano that turned it off. It wasn't even a piano sound playing the solo. What???

I don't know how big a company PGMusic is, but it seems to me they should hire someone to rethink the GUI to be more intuitive. BIAB is by far the worst program I own for being counter-intuitive.

Well sorry for my rant. I still love the program for what it does and would not want to be without it now. I will even be upgrading to the audiophile version around Christmas when the 2018 version comes out.

Cheers,
Dan
© PG Music Forums