PG Music Home
When you press [Play] in Band-in-a-Box, it will regenerate your song every time! But, what if you're happy with the results, and don't want anything to change? Or... what if you love the bass/guitar/piano track, but want to hear a variation on the rest?

Use the Freeze feature! That way the next time you play the song, it won't change (or be re-generated).

There are a few ways to access the Freeze feature:
-click on the blue snowflake within the toolbar
-from within the Play menu
-"track settings" accessible when you right-click within the Mixer window

Don't worry - freezing your song (or some of the tracks in your song) is only as permanent as you let it be! You can choose to un-freeze your tracks within the same menu, or hold down the Shift key as you press [Play].

This feature was added with Band-in-a-Box 2009 for Windows.
Thanks for the great tip.
I thought freezing turned a good song into a "Cool"song.
(Little joke) smile
Seriously, never knew that about freezing so will definitely be using that feature.
Thanks for posting.
Rob
Originally Posted By: Rob4580
Thanks for the great tip.
I thought freezing turned a good song into a "Cool"song.
(Little joke) smile
Seriously, never knew that about freezing so will definitely be using that feature.
Thanks for posting.
Rob

Glad we could of helped! If you're looking for chill tutorials, visit our support page at http://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm
This feature would be a WHOLE LOT MORE USEFUL if I could freeze individual bars! (Yeah, I know, wish list it. Been there...done that.)
And even more helpful if it actually worked on drums...or Usetracks, for that matter.

And like John above, I'm not stating anything remotely new here either.
Real Band could do individual bars, I guess. Not sure about Realdrums and User Tracks! grin
© PG Music Forums