PG Music Home
Posted By: Jumpin'Jim Bad Image Error - 09/19/17 12:22 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm wondering if anyone has run across a problem that happened to me yesterday. When I try to open my BIAB program it gives me an error that reads.

"C:\bb\dllelastiquePro3.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc0000020."

The program was running OK before this error. I'm using Windows 10 on my laptop computer. I'm not really a computor guy so I am not sure what to do. Any ideas?
Posted By: jford Re: Bad Image Error - 09/19/17 12:41 PM
I would get out your BIAB USB drive (or your DVD installation disc) and at least do a minimal re-install of BIAB to see if that replaces the file and corrects the problem. Assuming all the other files are fine, the minimal install should get you back and running, even if you previously did a full install.
Posted By: Jumpin'Jim Re: Bad Image Error - 09/19/17 12:56 PM
Thanks for your reply John. I will try this! Appreciate your help.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Bad Image Error - 09/19/17 01:11 PM
Welcome to the forum, Jim. We are fellow users; your best bet is to give PG Music Support a call. Look for the gray Support tab in the line near the top of the screen, just under the flags.

I'm wondering if a Windows update caused this?

In the meantime, try right-clicking on the file /BB/BBW.EXE and do a Run as Administrator.
Posted By: Jumpin'Jim Re: Bad Image Error - 09/19/17 03:40 PM
Thanks Matt - I do believe that Windows did an update just before my problem became apperant. I'll look into your suggestions.
Posted By: jford Re: Bad Image Error - 09/19/17 03:50 PM
And it goes without saying that if you haven't rebooted, you should. Some people bemoan the couple of minutes it takes to reboot while they wait weeks for an answer (which never made sense to me), when the reboot fixes the problem right away most times.

I agree with Matt, try "run as administrator" first. However, if the file did somehow get corrupt, a basic re-install will be required. It's also entirely possible that a dependent DLL file required for elastique to run got updated with an incompatible file. That troubleshooting is more difficult. But I would just take it a step at a time and I would think you'll get it working again.
© PG Music Forums