PG Music Home
Posted By: King Conga Install Help FAST...PLEASE! - 09/19/17 03:34 PM
I'm trying to find out what the install procedure is for installing 2013 MegaPAK so I can put all of the static files (i.e. ptns, Styles, etc) in a partition OTHER THAN C:\.

HEP ME!
KC
Posted By: jford Re: Install Help FAST...PLEASE! - 09/19/17 03:58 PM
I haven't done it in a while, but I believe if you select either the "Install to Hard Drive" or the "Custom Installation" option, you will be able to specify where you want the RealTracks and RealDrums to be installed.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Install Help FAST...PLEASE! - 09/19/17 04:47 PM
I haven’t done it in years either, but John is right. I think it’s setup.exe but not sure. Run it as administrator. One of the options is to put the RealTracks and or RealDrums on another drive. However, styles and most other files do have to go into the /BB folder, wherever you put that.
Posted By: Ziggy Re: Install Help FAST...PLEASE! - 10/02/17 11:43 PM
I was thinking about this myself.

Question: Is the /BB folder also where the programs go?

I want my "samples" on a drive other than the C: drive.

Running Win10 64 Pro
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Install Help FAST...PLEASE! - 10/03/17 01:16 AM
Please state what you are using for ‘samples’ and we can answer.
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: Install Help FAST...PLEASE! - 10/03/17 03:53 AM
When you open the installer window, it gives you three options: A, B or C. Just read those carefully, it's pretty self explanatory.

Bob
Posted By: Ziggy Re: Install Help FAST...PLEASE! - 10/03/17 09:29 AM
Hi Matt, I'm referring to the WAV files. That's what I meant by library. I don't want to run from the BIAB external. I'd rather keep just the program on my C: drive and the other data (samples to me) on a different drive.
Posted By: Ziggy Re: Install Help FAST...PLEASE! - 10/03/17 09:33 AM
Bob, will do. My pc is in the shop so I can't look at where BIAB puts things but as I recall they all went on the C Drive. I can't even look at the installer until I get the unit back.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Install Help FAST...PLEASE! - 10/03/17 10:00 AM
Good. Bob gave you the answer. One of the install options allows you to put the program on one drive and the RealTracks and RealDrums on another. That’s what I do, too, use a separate (huge) internal drive just for those (audiophile version has the .WAV files).
Posted By: jford Re: Install Help FAST...PLEASE! - 10/03/17 10:56 AM
If you specify a different drive in the installer for the RealTracks and RealDrums (which is what I assume you mean by WAV files), the install routine should put them where you specify.
Posted By: King Conga Re: Install Help FAST...PLEASE! - 10/03/17 11:15 AM
Thanks MUCH guys. Seriously.
Posted By: Ziggy Re: Install Help FAST...PLEASE! - 10/03/17 11:21 AM
Ditto. THANKS to everyone who helped me (and King Conga) understand what goes where! smile
© PG Music Forums