PG Music Home
Posted By: perdido Question - Mixer Volume - 09/28/17 11:26 AM
Recently the volume settings in the "Mixer" are being reset to defaults whenever a tune is opened. Until recently, "Mixer" settings for each tune could be retained when a tune is saved.

I would appreciate reading information about what I may have unknowingly or accidentally done to cause this to happen. I am almost sure my "Mixer" settings were being "set" when a file is saved.

I did read the "Help" documentation about "Mixer" settings" but will keep checking to mkae sure I didn't miss something.

Thank You
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Question - Mixer Volume - 09/28/17 11:51 AM
The mixer settings should save.

So that we can understand your set-up a little more...

1. What version of Windows do you use?

2. What version and build of BIAB are you using?

3. Have you tried running BIAB as administrator?

4. Has anything changed on your system? (for example: have you re-installed BIAB, installed it on a new computer, upgraded operating system, installed new antivirus software, etc.

5. Have you tried returning to factory defaults?

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Question - Mixer Volume - 09/28/17 01:42 PM
I can confirm this, and you didn't miss anything. It happened to me twice this week.

In my case, volumes revert to 90 and reverbs revert to 40. Panning and tone settings, however, stay where I left them when saving.

This problem used to be rather regular but has not reoccurred for several years, to my knowledge, until now. I doubt the computer configuration has anything to do with it.

There is no set of steps to reproduce this that I have found; it just strikes at random. I will report it to the developers. It would help to know the info Noel mentioned, especially if you are running the latest build as Administrator on Windows 10 as I am. Also, was the song frozen before saving and reloading?
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Question - Mixer Volume - 09/28/17 05:59 PM
Here too.
It's done this to me on occasion, albeit randomly.

I had thought that performing a 'Save Special' > 'Save Song with Patches and Harmony' might have circumvented this, but I don't think so. Problem is that it's not repeatable.

Volumes all go back to 90.
Posted By: perdido Re: Question - Mixer Volume - 09/29/17 07:08 PM
I set most settings back to default. That fixed the problem. From now on, when I have a problem, I will do that first. I seldom, if ever, intentionally change settings.

Thank You
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Question - Mixer Volume - 09/29/17 07:30 PM
Yes, that's exactly what to do, Return to Factory Settings.

I have reported it to the developers.
© PG Music Forums