PG Music Home
Posted By: kptrpt leadsheet lag - 09/30/17 01:36 PM
Hi
When playing in the leadsheet window the red rectangle highlights a measure behind where the music is. I've looked everywhere I could to find the solution, I'm sure it' easy but I'm stumped. Please help. Thanks!
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: leadsheet lag - 09/30/17 01:44 PM
kptrpt

Firstly, welcome to the forums.

This is interesting, as I've never seen that before. Can you tell us more about the BiaB version you are using, and perhaps your computer setup?

I just checked and definitely the highlighted bar is perfectly in sync with the actual song.

Are you looking at data in the Melody track, or a different track?

Have you recently added any bars to the song, and possible not regenerated a frozen track?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: leadsheet lag - 09/30/17 01:55 PM
Welcome. First, try a couple of the standard troubleshooting steps:

Options, Return to Factory Settings
Reboot your PC and restart BIAB

Yes, we need to know if you are talking about the Melody or the Soloist track, both of which are MIDI. There are some adjustments that can be made, but I doubt they would cause a displacement of a full measure.

Also tell us about your PC. What are you using for a sound source? I.e., what does it say under MIDI Output Driver when you do Options, Preferences, MIDI Driver?

Posted By: kptrpt Re: leadsheet lag - 09/30/17 02:39 PM
Wow, thanks for the welcome and quick reply.
I'm using BIAB Version 2017 (467). I'm using an ASUS laptop running Windows 10. 16GB of physical memory. I don't think it's a computer issue, as nothing else lags.

When I look at the chords in the main window they scroll by synced with the sound. On the lead sheet though it's always exactly one measure behind.
These are just jazz standards that I've loaded in and played.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: leadsheet lag - 09/30/17 02:57 PM
Ok. It may be fine for other programs, but BIAB uses a surprisingly large amount of resources.

Try running the free utility Geekbench and reporting your score for Single Core.

There is no ‘one measure’ offset setting.

But what happened with my suggestions above? If you inadvertently altered the Play, Slide Tracks, or the MIDI/audio timing, then Return to Factory Settings should clear it.

What is your MIDI Output Driver?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: leadsheet lag - 09/30/17 10:28 PM
Did you purchase BIAB on a USB drive and do you run it from that drive?

If so, did you run the setup program on the USB drive to install those components of BIAB that need to be added to Windows so that the program runs properly?

To run the program from a USB drive, it's necessary to do the minimal install.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: kptrpt Re: leadsheet lag - 10/02/17 07:23 PM
Hi guys
Thanks for all the help. I reset to factory defaults and restarted the computer. I think you're right, the amount of resources it uses is big and it was just slowing down my computer. It seems to be working fine now. I'm glad I wasn't just missing some setting. I appreciate the time both of you took to help out. Now back to getting better at improv wink

KP
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: leadsheet lag - 10/02/17 07:24 PM
KP, thanks for the feedback to let us know how you resolved this. This information can help others in the future also.
© PG Music Forums