PG Music Home
Posted By: joden Loading Cakewalk TTS-1 crashes BIAB? - 10/05/17 01:23 PM
Trying to see if I can load in the Cakewalk TTS-1 Dxi GM synth (I also have Sonar isntalled on the PC) however each time I try to select it, BIAB just crashes.

Any ideas on this please?

Thanks
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Loading Cakewalk TTS-1 crashes BIAB? - 10/05/17 02:53 PM
Are you using the 32 bit or 64 bit version of Sonar? BiaB is 32 bit while Sonar can be either 32 or 64 bit depending upon your download. If you're using 64 bit Sonar then the TTS-1 DXi is also 64 bit. You will need to download and install the 32 bit version.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Loading Cakewalk TTS-1 crashes BIAB? - 10/05/17 06:53 PM
if you type it in the SEARCH SITE box up top on right there's a lot of info HOW TO: 32 Bit TTS-1 DXi when 64 bit Sonar installed
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: Loading Cakewalk TTS-1 crashes BIAB? - 10/05/17 08:06 PM
Yep you MUST have the 32-Bit TTS-1 installed (see my long diatribe on "how to" that pipeline referenced)

But please note that having JBridge or not having it will NOT help you. JBridge is ONLY FOR VSTI's NOT DXI's and TTS-1 is a DXi

The other thing, and please I'm just verifying: you are not trying to point to the TTS-1 .DLL file and add it to the list of plugin's like it was a VSTi correct?

DXI's are in the list already or they are not. BIAB/RB scans for DXI's and DX's and builds a list - but you cannot ADD them to that list you can only install/re-install them (correctly) and have BIAB/RB re-scan for them.

Good Luck
Larry
Posted By: joden Re: Loading Cakewalk TTS-1 crashes BIAB? - 10/06/17 11:57 AM
Thanks guys - yeah that could be it, I'll check out the link above.
Posted By: PianoPete Re: Loading Cakewalk TTS-1 crashes BIAB? - 10/15/17 04:45 PM
Hi,

Just chiming in here,

Can you disable loading of a softsynth to stop BIAB from crashing on start?

Could be useful if you want to change or remove the offending softsynth.

Cheers,
Pete
© PG Music Forums