PG Music Home
Posted By: FRANCK 2 CHORD BAR BUG - 10/08/17 11:42 AM
Hi

I found out some RTs won't play a 2 chord bar smoothly.
For example, a bar that goes A on the 1st and 2nd beats, then D on 3rd and 4th beats, theRCKBLLY.STY. will pause between the 2dn and 3rd beat.

Has anyone experienced this flaw ?

I'm running BIAB2017 ,WIN 7 64BITS

Thanks !
Posted By: Noel96 Re: 2 CHORD BAR BUG - 10/08/17 02:51 PM
Originally Posted By: FRANCK
I found out some RTs won't play a 2 chord bar smoothly.For example, a bar that goes A on the 1st and 2nd beats, then D on 3rd and 4th beats, the RCKBLLY.STY. will pause between the 2dn and 3rd beat.

This is not something that I've come across. I'll have a play with the style and see if I can get some unusual behaviour.

In the meantime, do you accidentally have any periods after the chord. For example A. or either A.. or A... where the dots tell BIAB to play rest, shot and hold respectively.

Also, are any of the tracks frozen? If so, unfreeze and regenerate the song. That might help.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: FRANCK Re: 2 CHORD BAR BUG - 10/08/17 03:10 PM
Thanks Noel

No rest,or push,just straight chords are typed in. Nothing frozen.

Actually, it's not the first time I notice this trouble, it also happens with some other real tracks such as RT2778: Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm TrainBeatMike12-key.

Franck
Posted By: jford Re: 2 CHORD BAR BUG - 10/10/17 06:36 PM
Have you tried turning off fast song generation. Perhaps your computer isn't powerful enough.

By default, BIAB uses fast generation where it starts generating the song, then starts playback before the generation can finish (and just continues the song generation in the background while the song is playing). Some computers can't keep up with this, so there is an option to turn off fast song generation. I can't remember where on the preferences screen it is, so perhaps someone else could jump im.
Posted By: FRANCK Re: 2 CHORD BAR BUG - 10/13/17 03:44 PM
This option is actually in song settings John. But it didn't help anyway. But guess what, I just found out this flaw only happens on certain progressions...
D G D G won't play right while C F C F will work just fine...

my PC is WIn 7 64 bits

I5-3450S CPU@2.80GHZ
6GO RAM
Posted By: Kent - PG Music Re: 2 CHORD BAR BUG - 10/13/17 04:54 PM
Hi Franck,

I'm hearing the pauses too, and will make sure this gets reported right away.

Thanks for letting us know!

Kent
PG Music
Posted By: FRANCK Re: 2 CHORD BAR BUG - 10/16/17 01:06 PM
Good news I'm not deaf !!

Thanks for your help Kent !
Posted By: FRANCK Re: 2 CHORD BAR BUG - 01/02/18 02:24 PM
Hi

I'm back with this issue, I was hoping BIAB2018 would have solve the problem,but anyway.
Is there a chance this bug will be fixed soon ?

Franck
Posted By: Cerio Re: 2 CHORD BAR BUG - 01/02/18 03:53 PM
Hi

I found out some RTs won't play a 2 chord bar smoothly.
For example, a bar that goes A on the 1st and 2nd beats, then D on 3rd and 4th beats, theRCKBLLY.STY. will pause between the 2dn and 3rd beat.

Yes, problem confirmed here.
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: 2 CHORD BAR BUG - 01/02/18 04:18 PM
I've found that too - but it doesn't always happen so i found a 'take' where it didn't and froze that. Thought there might be something wrong but I'm reassured that what I heard and thought was wrong is actually a bug not me imagining things
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: 2 CHORD BAR BUG - 01/04/18 05:18 AM
Hi - I found out some RTs won't play a 2 chord bar smoothly.
For example, a bar that goes A on the 1st and 2nd beats, then D on 3rd and 4th beats, theRCKBLLY.STY. will pause between the 2dn and 3rd beat. Has anyone experienced this flaw ? I'm running BIAB2017 ,WIN 7 64BITS, Thanks !
Well, with BIAB 2016, 2017 and now 2018 i've been complaining about this for quite a while. It happens with various styles, and when encountered, i usually report the bug with details, and attached frozen SGU, MGU etc., to PG support. As such i hope they do something about it with coming RT updated files.

When i want to use a such a misbehaving RT i import it into a proper sequencer, in my case Cubase, and edit the missing audio in from other places when possible. Some times i make a special file for the erroneous track with all the missing chords i need even, at times you'll find a piece of audio that does the job.

A good test is to load the 'misbehaving' Biab file into Realband; you'll immediately see where the faults are visualized: see pic. Here highlighted (red) is a new RT 2126 Bass, a great one BTW, but alas with too many faults to make it usable; errors with some 2/4 bars, but also it misses some whole 4/4 bars, besides 2/4 and 1/4 chord changes within in a 4/4 bar ... - F

Attached picture RT errors inj BIAB-Realband.jpg
Posted By: WendyM Re: 2 CHORD BAR BUG - 01/04/18 07:02 AM
Dont hold your breath,Fiddler.Yes if you look at the wav of a track in RB or any DAw you soon see whats up.
My example.RT1278 is a synth that isnt usable cos its "wheezy" and jumpy.Been like that since i got BB in 2017.In my DAW I can eadily see that there are blank 'lead ins' in some of the bars which makes the chord when it plays,late,and so it sounds really jerky.If i can spot this as a beginner,how come it got released in that state?
Wendy
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: 2 CHORD BAR BUG - 01/04/18 09:05 AM
Originally Posted By: WendyM
..... If i can spot this as a beginner,how come it got released in that state? Wendy
Well, you must be, like my wife, some Lady a salesperson should be wary off, LoL. Hit 'em with your Rhythm Stick, send in the complaints .... PS An unnamed PG webmaster was bragging about some 49 fixed requests .... Well, we (shh, between us) got maybe a 149 more.
linky link: 49 requests full filled
Originally Posted By: WendyM
Dont hold your breath,Fiddler.Yes if you look at the wav of a track in RB or any DAw you soon see whats up.
My example.RT1278 is a synth that isnt usable cos its "wheezy" and jumpy.Been like that since i got BB in 2017.In my DAW I can eadily see that there are blank 'lead ins' in some of the bars which makes the chord when it plays,late,and so it sounds really jerky ..... Wendy
About the missing pieces in a RT rendering job: Just got a mail from Andrew. Got .St2 and .Xt2 files missing from my "soloists" folder causing the missing out on bars of the 2126 RT mentioned above: he's right. Have to check this further though ... This as in the realtracks selection page there must be something wrong; running "rebuild and fix" doesn't show the missing .St2 and Xt2 files, "nothing to do". Maybe this function does not work right in v508; i reported it with Andrew.

Update: The slow rendering with my installation of Biab 2018 v508 vs 470 (2017) has been fixed by copying all the .St2 and .Xt2 files i could find from older BIAB installations, in to the "soloists" folder of BIAB 2018. -F
Posted By: FRANCK Re: 2 CHORD BAR BUG - 03/23/18 09:55 PM
Well,I was hoping last updates would fix this problem, but nothing has been done...
It's very sad, and some RT are just useless.
Please fix it, it's broke !!!!
© PG Music Forums