PG Music Home
Posted By: paulpaul two biab windows - 10/10/17 03:26 AM
hello
is it possible to open two instances of biab on windows 10.
i have tried but when i open biab again,it just refreshes the biab that is already running.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: two biab windows - 10/10/17 04:05 AM
Originally Posted By: paulpaul
hello
is it possible to open two instances of biab on windows 10.
i have tried but when i open biab again,it just refreshes the biab that is already running.

Yes, go to Options > Preferences and set the checkbox.

Attached picture 2017-10-10_18-03-54.jpg
Posted By: paulpaul Re: two biab windows - 10/10/17 04:26 AM
thanks very much.
Posted By: jford Re: two biab windows - 10/10/17 06:47 PM
I can't remember for sure, but you may have to make sure you are using MME (not ASIO) drivers when doing this, as I believe the first instance of BIAB will lock the drivers and you won't hear anything on the second instance. The MME drivers allow for sharing.

There is a free Steinberg utilities that allow ASIO sharing (and someone else posted recently about another product that support it, but I can't remember the name), but it doesn't always work (especially if you have multiple sound cards install - for example, my computer laptop has an onboard and an external sound card).
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: two biab windows - 10/10/17 06:53 PM
Good point John, thanks for picking that up.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: two biab windows - 10/10/17 07:38 PM
Quote:
There is a free Steinberg utilities that allow ASIO sharing

ASIO Multiclient Wrapper, I had that but a lot of problems until I got VoiceMeeter Banana

I use Voicemeeter AUX ASIO for RealBand
Voicemeeter ASIO for Biab

But, I have 2 instances of Biab playing now using the same Voicemeeter ASIO device.
Posted By: paulpaul Re: two biab windows - 10/12/17 03:32 AM
thanks for info.
i use "asio for all" and as you mentioned ,i have to run mme when using biab ,asio wont let me use any other audio programs.

i have tried using asio multi driver but still cant get it to work.

Posted By: Pipeline Re: two biab windows - 10/12/17 04:24 AM
You can untick the ASIO Always ON in the driver settings so it releases the driver when stopped.

With Voicemeeter you can use https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm
VB Cable or HiFi Cable as the default windows playback device, then set Voicemeeter mixer Hardware Input 1, 2 or 3 to VB or HiFi.
Doing this will let you play demos of styles or RealTrack/Drums that uses Windows Media Player.
© PG Music Forums