PG Music Home
Posted By: Mark Stonebanks C drive nearly full!! - 10/17/17 11:30 AM
Hi Everybody,
I have a laptop with 128GB SSD C drive and 1 TB D drive.
Currently I have installed BIAB on the c drive but with all of the wav files on the Audiophile drive...
The BB folder is about 24GB on the C drive and I need to move it to either the D drive or run from the audiophile drive.
Can I just uninstall and reinstall on the D drive?
Thanks very much in advance
Mark
Posted By: jford Re: C drive nearly full!! - 10/17/17 02:57 PM
You should be able to copy your BIAB folder from the C: drive to the D: drive, then create a new icon that references the program from the D: drive instead of the C: drive.

I would probably then re-run the latest patch to specify the new locations so it remembers it next time and doesn't try to install a later patch to where BIAB is no longer located.

I would then rename the BIAB folder on the C: drive (but not delete it), then test it out and make sure everything works, and then when satisfied, you can delete the BIAB folder from the C: drive. I rename the folder to make sure there are no stray references to the C: drive when running it.

That should give you a bunch of space back on your C: drive.
Posted By: Mark Stonebanks Re: C drive nearly full!! - 10/17/17 04:15 PM
Thank you John
Very much appreciated...
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: C drive nearly full!! - 10/17/17 10:40 PM
Also, after copying to D: drive, set the new location of the required folders if necessary from Options > Preferences > Real Drums, and also for Real Tracks (5)

(Edit: Running the installer as John mentioned might take care of this for you though)

Attached picture 2017-10-18_12-38-01.jpg
Posted By: Mark Stonebanks Re: C drive nearly full!! - 10/18/17 04:29 AM
Thank you very much for this very clear advice...
© PG Music Forums