PG Music Home
Do any other Users have the same problem since 467? - The RealTracks picker works quickly as it always has BUT after 467 - i.e. 469 - the RealDRUMS picker is lamentably slow. I have BB on 2 drives, one is XP and the other Win7 and its the same slow performance on both. Can take in excess of 5 seconds, longer maybe, for it to show up.
Revert back to 467 and everything is back to normal.
Can PG advise if there is a Fix on the way for that?

There is a beta 470 being tested with a faster Drum picker, should not be long.
I was on 468, when I first noticed the slow response for the real styles and drum pickers. The style picker if fine. I upgraded to 469, with the same result-----slow to open. Everything else seems to work fine.
As mentioned, it's likely that an update will be available quite soon that will resolve this.
Hi sixchannel

Realdrums speed is the one outstanding slowness issue which somehow seems to have been corrected here

On an unrelated setting I went to Preferences > RealTracks > Speed up generation of Realtracks ... checked the box and chose - High - in the dropdown box

This morning after reading your post I tried the Realdrums picker and now seems to be generating fast - no explanation

Some strange things are happening - Halloween ????

jazzman
I tried it straight after opening BIAB and it was slow 4-5 seconds.
So I closed the picker and tried again and it probably took 2-3 seconds.
So maybe it has something to do with reident memory.
Just a thought.
Build 470 sorts it. Many thanks for the quick action. In the scheme of things, waiting 5 secs for a screen to appear doesn't seem too bad but when you are auditioning RDs for a blank style that you are creating, it does get infuriating.
Ian
© PG Music Forums