PG Music Home
I am creating mp3 files from some of my BIAB tracks, by first exporting as wav files. Most work fine, but I have one where the wav file created is leaving out the strings part. I had manually changed some of the strings notes and have that part frozen, so I suspect it has to do with that. When I make a copy of the BIAB file, and use the same style without the note changes and "freezing", it picks up the strings part fine in the wav file. But I would like to be able to use my modified version. Any ideas why it does that, or if there is a way to work around it? I don't know if it matters, but the style I'm using is "C_BALAD".
Thanks for any help!
Was the string track muted?
No, string part is not muted. Bass, drums and strings are all enabled, and all play fine directly from BIAB. But the wav file created only includes bass and drums. All three parts are panned to the center. Seems that it must have something to do with the changes to string notes and freezing of part. But I also have the bass part frozen for this song, and it comes through fine in the wav file. ??
I wonder if the level is too low. Could you dramatically increase the volume of the Strings track and export again and see if that makes a difference?
No, increasing volume didn't help. I think I found some weird "corner case" that confuses BIAB. I played around with different things, and found that if I change and delete some of the strings notes, then freeze the track, it plays AND creates wav file just fine. But it seems that if I delete several notes and then ADD some different ones, the wav conversion doesn't pick up strings. Very strange! I managed to create my mp3 pretty close to what I want, so I'm good for now. BTW, if anyone is curious, trying to emulate the string intro to Glen Campbell "By The Time I Get To Phoenix".
Bill, try this one out with PG Music Support.
You should also try saving the track as a performance track. This not only freezes the track but should save all the manual changes, notes and effects and will render the track.

Rt click on the track and select Track Actions. Select Save Track as a Performance Track.
© PG Music Forums