PG Music Home
Posted By: MikeK Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows is here! - 11/28/17 03:42 PM
Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows is here!

Go to the main page laugh

Early this year wink
While BIAB 2018 for Mac will be six months later with a new sticker slapped onto it.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows is here! - 11/28/17 04:05 PM
Wow!

I've never known an "end of November" release before! Excellent smile
do you not think this is more of the same?

I look at the GUI and it reminds me of 1990's and there are many here who know just how old the base code of this program is once you delve to the lower levels.

maybe I stand alone in thinking 64 bit opens memory opportunities for a complete rewrite.

Even sforzando is offered 64 bit

Xxxx
You're familiar with JBridge Neil? The only reason for Biab to be 64 bit is to access all of your memory so you can run the big 64 bit plugins. JBridge allows for full RAM usage. Peter himself (as in Peter Gannon, PG Music) got into a very detailed discussion a few years ago with some users who were very adamant that Biab itself needed to be 64 bit. He explained in detail that it's not necessary, JBridge handles it.

Bob
Hi Anyone give me heads up on using jbridge I just cant follow it.

Would need to be a fools guide.
Current, I've owned the BIaB 2015 Pro. edition. If I upgrade to Biab 2018 MegaPak how much do I have to pay, $99.00 and get all the contents of this package?
VinhSon, I'm not sure. We're just fellow users here. Give PG Music Sales a call.

On this page it looks like $99 from the 2016 Megapak to the 2018 Megapak: http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

But I don't know if that holds for 2015 Pro to 2018 Megapak.
Originally Posted By: beatmaster
Hi Anyone give me heads up on using jbridge I just cant follow it.

Would need to be a fools guide.

Literally all you do is install it, you don't do anything through Biab. Close Biab and install it on your system. Open Biab and it's automatically there in the background, you don't do anything.

One thing though and I'm not sure if this matters now or not, it's been a few years for me. There was confusion about which version to use which is why we all recommended users buy it through PG Music. I think you saved a few dollars too but again, maybe that doesn't matter now.

Bob
Bob is correct, at the time, the version of JBridge was customized for BIAB. But once installed, it just works. Your plugin can address all the memory you have on a 64-bit Windows PC.
Posted By: rharv Re: Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows is here! - 11/28/17 08:42 PM
From PGMusic JBridge page now
Quote:
If you want to try jBridge by a free demo, you can visit this page http://jstuff.wordpress.com/jBridge/ and download the demo called jBridge 1.7b3 demo (or any newer future demo that has a # higher than 1.7)

So supposedly later versions will work, bu if you want the 'PGMusic special' that is the version in question.

FWIW I got ver. 1.7b3 years ago and it has worked ever since.

I'm not sure which version you get currently from the PGMusic site, but it is $5 less than direct from jBridge.

http://www.pgmusic.com/jbridge.htm
Wow this is just a cosmetic upgrade. nothing new really. Still no rewire, a feature that has been requested for over 10 years or anyway to sync bib with a real DAW not like real tracks.
Welcome to the forum, I guess you've been a long time user and just now decided to join in on the forum fun?

My only comment and this is not making fun of anybody is this:

Probably 90% of the users don't understand the concept behind what you just wrote and could care less. They load in the chords, pick a style, hit Play. That's it. Biab is huge in music schools. Do you think a teacher using it to teach a student how to solo over the circle of 5ths cares about rewire?

This is why some years ago in order to address these concerns to make Biab much more sophisticated I suggested they create two versions, the standard one we all use now and an AWESOME COOL DUDE! one. Sadly I never heard anything back about that.

Bob
Lots of new features and content.
Info and 6 minute all-you-need-to-know video
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=441373&#Post441373
What upgrade do I want?

I have:
1. EverythingPak 2015 (no longer listed as option)
2. 2016 & 2017 PlusPak Upgrades
3. All Xtra styles 3

To be fully up to date with the EverythingPak do I want the $99 PlusPak and the $49 BonusPak AND the $29 Nov. Xtra styles, or are those included in the $49 BonusPak?

Or do I want the $149 UltraPak Upgrade? Does it include everything?

Confuzed...

Thanks,
Rick
Have you looked at http://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

The package names have been changed a bit as you saw, so we fellow users are reluctant to give you a definitive answer. I suggest you give PG Music Sales a call and tell them what you have. Be sure to do it before the price goes back to normal.
Of course I looked and it's confusing to me. That's why I asked. You're right. A phone call is in order.

Thanks,
Rick
Posted By: MikeK Re: Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows is here! - 11/28/17 11:09 PM
I purchased the UltraPak upgrade, with all the extras. 4 payments at $59 and change.

Can't go wrong with that. wink
Posted By: A_R Re: Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows is here! - 11/29/17 12:03 AM
Quote:
http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=441373&#Post441373

I listening to the solo demos of RealTracks Set 278 : Shiny Vocal Oohs & Aahs!, and they all sound like it's the same track.
Thank you for welcoming to the forum. I respectfully disagree that this is simply used to learn how to play. A lot of us have used tracks from bib in a song. Still this year I see no reason because this just cosmetic they could have just released new realtracks.
Who said it is just used to learn to play? I agree with you; many of us make very good sounding accompaniment tracks in many different styles. Nothing can touch this program for that. And if you used RealTracks like I do, you would want all you could get. That alone is easily worth the price of the new version!
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows is here! - 11/29/17 04:05 AM
Originally Posted By: 1manband
And if you used RealTracks like I do, you would want all you could get. That alone is easily worth the price of the new version!

Me too.

I use BIAB entirely for creating songs from start to finish. The Realtracks are worth their weight in gold to me. They really are an amazing invention for music creators.

Noel

Originally Posted By: Kayanou
Wow this is just a cosmetic upgrade. nothing new really. Still no rewire, a feature that has been requested for over 10 years or anyway to sync bib with a real DAW not like real tracks.

There are a lot of things from the wishlist I would have loved to see in the upgrade and were it not for the new RealTracks I'd def take a pass. BUT, I'll upgrade just for the RealTracks! The upgrade price is reasonable and you get a lot of new tracks to use in making music!
Originally Posted By: MikeK
I purchased the UltraPak upgrade, with all the extras. 4 payments at $59 and change.

If you got all extras how did you get it for 4 x $59?

$149 UltraPAK
$49 2018 49-PAK
$49 New Xtra Styles PAK 4
$49 Video RealTracks Sets 3-6
--------------------------------
$296
Posted By: MikeK Re: Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows is here! - 11/29/17 07:57 AM
Originally Posted By: JohnJohnJohn

$149 UltraPAK
$49 2018 49-PAK
$296

My bad ... didn't get the Video RealTracks Sets 3-6.
Posted By: WendyM Re: Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows is here! - 11/29/17 10:03 AM
Originally Posted By: jazzmammal

My only comment and this is not making fun of anybody is this:

Probably 90% of the users don't understand the concept behind what you just wrote and could care less. They load in the chords, pick a style, hit Play. That's it. Biab is huge in music schools. Do you think a teacher using it to teach a student how to solo over the circle of 5ths cares about rewire?
Bob

Exactly,Bob. That 90% wants to do just that.Maybe just maybe certain bits could be a bit more plug and play for non-techies like me but it great in its core operations.
WendyM
PS-looks like 2018 is coming out a bit buggy so for Numpties like meI think id better hang on a couple of weeks while you fix things.
PPS-whats a circle of fifths?lol
I thought it was a circle of fourths. Ha.

A patch after a new release is pretty standard, but even as is, I’m not encountering any show-stopping problems in regular use.
Posted By: WendyM Re: Band-in-a-Box® 2018 for Windows is here! - 11/29/17 12:17 PM
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
I thought it was a circle of fourths. Ha.

A patch after a new release is pretty standard, but even as is, I’m not encountering any show-stopping problems in regular use.

He who knows these things says a fifth is a bottle of whiskey and thats why you go round in circles.
Im thinking that I'll hang on a bit and see what happens.Im sure to buy it but would prefer in less buggy as Im not easily able to fix techie things(as some of you guys already know from Beginners)if something needs se-setting etc.
Does anyone know if the VIDEO RTs are just so you can see the recording artiste playing them or they NEW RTs and can be incorporated into my SGU as if they are normal RTS?
But don't leave it too long or you will miss the introductory discounts. wink
Hello Bob (aka Jazzmammal)

Jbridge should never be used as an excuse for avoiding a 64 bit program rewrite.

These 64 bit instruments are wonderful and sophisticated. They appreciate having up to date midi tools for communication.

Unless I am mistaken, Biab has not updated midi communication in +20 years? The midi pages of this program suggest they are original and the midi tools are from a bygone age.

Check out how much Cubase, Live and Logic have invested in upgrading their midi communication tools in the last few years

If the boss sees the future only in Realtracks and Realdrums it would be helpful for him to say so then I can avoid the upgrade costs.

Great opportunity to wish you and all here a very Happy Xmas and New Year

Neil

$149 UltraPAK
$49 2018 49-PAK
$296

Minor correction: New Xtra Styles PAK 4 is only $29

but yes "it do get pricey at this time of year" 5 new plugins, 4 new PG products, two new DAW's, and a partridge in my new guitar (plus four pair of new glasses, new dryer, ... it just never ends. Almost, I say ALMOST, forces me to reconsider going back to work - LOL

Larry
Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl

$149 UltraPAK
$49 2018 49-PAK
$296

Minor correction: New Xtra Styles PAK 4 is only $29

but yes "it do get pricey at this time of year" 5 new plugins, 4 new PG products, two new DAW's, and a partridge in my new guitar (plus four pair of new glasses, new dryer, ... it just never ends. Almost, I say ALMOST, forces me to reconsider going back to work - LOL

Larry

They must have just changed it as it was $49 with no discount offered when I wrote the post.
Peter, I'd really like to see Band in a Box become a plugin for Mac and Windows.
Originally Posted By: PeterGannon

I would love to see BIAB be a plugin for Mac and Windows.
© PG Music Forums