PG Music Home
I read specs of 2018 and see there is small enhancement to audio editor. but wy it is not change so it support ARA interface and melodyne. some DAW support this. waveform tracktion cost 99$ and have a ARA interface support and cheapest melodyne build in the bundle. and if a user like edit more he can buy update to melodyne

The ARA interface allow direct access to audio data, so melodyne can work in as a buildin editor. with cheapest melodyn bundle it is possible to rearrange the real tracks too. because BIAB is mostly audio based tracks, the ability to reslice or change note number is important to make more creative songs with real tracks
Adjustments like this are done in almost any DAW as you mentioned. My experience with Melodyne is that it requires a great deal of CPU power. BIAB does, too, and I’m guessing the combination would be a problem. A DAW is designed to write changes to audio so they do not require much power as you work on something else.

Still, you should post your idea in the BIAB Wishlist Forum.
The CPU Power is need because of timestretch. if melodyne do the timestretch then BIAB code need not do that.when change a realtrack with melodyne the results can written to a new user realtrack, and need not do realtime. when done it can play from BIAB
I don't support the idea of adding ARA support in Band-in-a-Box.

I DO support the idea (+1) of adding ARA support in RealBand.

ARA support so the user can utilize Melodyne doesn't make much sense in BiaB but would be a very useful asset to RealBand.

I view Band-in-a-Box as a tool to develop a song sketch, music education tool or accompaniment tracks.

ARA support in RealBand makes more sense to me because RealBand is marketed as
Quote:
a fully-featured and powerful music arranging, sequencing, and digital recording program
by PG Music.
agree with Jim. BIAB is a one trick pony - but it is very able at performing that trick,

Realband is more interesting but for some reason is badly documented and poorly advertised by PG. It is possible to buy your BIAB upgrade and have no idea you have purchased realband as well. Check out the Realband videos in support vs those for BIAB to see what I mean. I think we have realband info as recent as 2014!!!!

Even so it is possible to export any audiofile from BIAB or Realband to melodyne and make as many changes to the audio as you wish.
As I understand building ARA would essentially provide an interface for a single plugin.

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php?p=1918662&postcount=114

Othewise Melodyn is running just fine in my DAW, no need in PG products.
After using both BiaB and Melodyne on a daily basis for several years, I personally don't think BiaB needs ARA integration. On the (rare) occasions I've needed Melodyne on a BiaB track, it's AFTER I've rendered that track to a .WAV file and imported it into my (ARA-compliant) DAW. And it's only because I have Melodyne Studio and its polyphonic note detection that I even find THAT useful. Most people don't have Studio, I'd guess. BiaB is so VERY cool, and I just purchased the 2018 audiophile version with all the trimmings. BUT it IS a bit of a dinosaur wrt contemporary features. So be it...

smile
Of all the plugins I’ve used, Melodyne stressed the computer the most, requiring me the raise the buffer size.
Well this one surprised a bunch of folks... laugh

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=200297
Originally Posted By: MusicStudent
Well this one surprised a bunch of folks... laugh

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=200297
Perhaps one way to attract some of the Sonar refugees since Sonar has full ARA integration. As one comment noted, "Never say never!"
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
[quote=MusicStudent]Sonar has full ARA integration.

Among a whole bunch of other things.

I'm positive that, even though dying Gibson dropped the ball with Cakewalk, some other company will acquire it, and even make it better!

Sonar is a very solid product with a pretty well thought-out UI and a quite numerous user base. With those credentials, there's no way in Hell that they'll disappair into oblivion as collateral damage in the aftermath of the Gibson debacle.

HTH,
The way I understand it from posts by those who worked at Gibson and Cakewalk is much the opposite. Gibson blew the announcement, sure. But Cakewalk had not been profitable for a long time (not sure why) and was losing money when Gibson bought them from Roland. In a way Gibson gave them two or so more years than they might have had.
Melodyne should not stress computer cpu unless it is on its last legs and up for replacement

Not clear if you are talking about melodyne editor or single tracks - big difference.

I abandoned Realtracks for too long because I found it buggy but I suggest you check out realband tips and tricks and update to version 8 which is stable in windows.

There is a lovely section on regenerating sections of your song until you get the version you like in realband tips and tricks in support videos

Much much much quicker than exporting to melodyne unless you wish to change the dynamic and music content
© PG Music Forums