PG Music Home
Posted By: hoppysheba notation - melody - 11/30/17 05:06 PM
In my BIAB 2018/503, when playing the red note following the melody notation is not in sync. How do I adjust that?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: notation - melody - 11/30/17 05:25 PM
Firstly, under 'Options", save your present set up. This will allow you to return to it after experimenting and trying different things.

Now, some thoughts...

1. Have you tried restarting your computer to see if that makes a difference? (It often does where audio is involved.)

If that doesn't help....

2. Have a look at the image below. Set "Preferences | Midi Driver" to all the settings that I've indicated by numbers 1 - 6.

Setting the audio driver to MME (#6) is important because it's a very stable driver for BIAB and is always the best choice to use when problem solving.

Does this help?

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: Vincente Re: notation - melody - 11/30/17 05:43 PM
Did Biab 2018 have option to use the WAS (Windows Audio Session) that has ultra-low latency.

Noel, Why do you still use the audio driver, MME (#6) ?
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: notation - melody - 11/30/17 06:48 PM
As Noel said, MME is the better choice when troubleshooting.

If you have an ASIO driver, that is preferable unless you are running another audio program at the same time as BIAB and that other audio program requires ASIO. Then MME is fine unless you are recording yourself playing keyboard and encounter latency.

Yes, BIAB 2018 introduced support for WAS drivers. I do think WAS falls in between: better performance than MME, but not as good as ASIO. However, that depends on the quality of the ASIO driver (which is vendor-specific).
© PG Music Forums