PG Music Home
I cannot install the 503 update, since the setup installer keeps saying it does not recognize the installation folder, in my case L\-BIAB 2018. Ive set the folders for Drums and RealTracks correctly in preferences. Alas it is a setup installer and i cannot unpack it with an exe unpacker. Probably a bug, since the first BIAB 2018 version runs OK. Chicken or Egg situation?

PS The installer of the RealBand 2018 update however installs normally, in my case to L:\-REALBAND 2018. -F

Attached picture BIAB install error.jpg
Posted By: Garth Bird Re: BIAB 2018 update 503 intaller error - 12/01/17 05:30 AM
Hi Fiddler,

Looks like a typo in your specified folder. - and a space very unlikely to be a folder name.

Try using the browse button to find the folder.

Garth
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: BIAB 2018 update 503 intaller error - 12/01/17 09:57 AM
Originally Posted By: Garth Bird
Hi Fiddler,

Looks like a typo in your specified folder. - and a space very unlikely to be a folder name.

Try using the browse button to find the folder.

Garth

Hello Garth. Well, the popup came after hitting "browse", and the Realband installer works fine wiht L.\- REALBAND 2018 as location .... AND the downloaded 502 BIAB installer (the works, with Realband included) installed OK. BTW took out the space etc, as Noel suggested also, but it's the same error .... F

Attached picture BIAB install error 2.jpg
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: BIAB 2018 update 503 intaller error - 12/01/17 10:02 AM
Originally Posted By: fiddler2007

Hello Garth. Well, the popup came after hitting "browse", and the Realband installer works fine wiht L.\- REALBAND 2018 as location .... AND the downloaded 502 BIAB installer (the works, with Realband included) installed OK. F

It certainly won't be L.\ anything. That's not a valid path name.
We've fixed the patch -- please download it again.

(Note: Nobody else needs to download the patch again if it worked for them, the files installed by the patch have not changed, it was just a very specific installer issue with some systems.)
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: BIAB 2018 update 503 intaller error - 12/01/17 03:19 PM
great, alas i just reported it with support too .... F
© PG Music Forums