PG Music Home
Posted By: Larry Kehl basic Video RTs' Question - 12/06/17 11:05 PM
Video RT's are SIMPLY video renderings of existing (sans video) RT't? i.e., Video RT's add zero NEW RT's? Or are there additional RT's that are not part of the RT's 1-300 plus any bonus RT's (you may or may not have bought) buried in those installs?

I think answer is yes they are just Vids of EXISTING RT's but... you know what ASSUME does

I haven't had time to dig into this to verify [plus now I'm in middle of the Samplitude Pro X3 install, download and backups so busy doing other things]. You'd think I'd have verified FIRST since I went ahead when I got 2018 and simply bought the V.RT's 3-6 for grins before checking into it

Thanks
Larry
Posted By: lambada Re: basic Video RTs' Question - 12/07/17 04:54 AM
Interesting question and as you say, it doesn't do any hard to ask! whistle I also buy on auto-pilot. Just give me everything the cheapest way possible. grin
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: basic Video RTs' Question - 12/07/17 07:23 AM
I don't know the exact answer to the question, but I do note that Video RealTracks have only been made available for the most recent RealTracks. This makes me think that Video might not be available for all other pre-existing RealTracks. I note a few from November 2016.

I have no proof, this is only supposition.

I haven't noticed a statement from PGM though, who would be able to clarify quite accurately.
Posted By: jford Re: basic Video RTs' Question - 12/07/17 09:03 AM
When you go to create the video, you are only presented with the tracks that have video available for them. In a five track song that has three available video tracks, you will only get three check boxes for your video.
Posted By: musiclover Re: basic Video RTs' Question - 12/07/17 12:52 PM
The video realtracks were a surprise to me too, probably a nice little feature but wonder how they could be used, other than to learn a lick or too, or maybe even to to cut to, in a video of one of your own songs, but not so sure if that would work good.

Maybe PG just wants to give us more of a realistic feel of the musicians being present.

Sometimes I feel now, that biab has totally matured not a lot more that can be added to it.
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: basic Video RTs' Question - 12/07/17 03:05 PM
Again my only question (possible a concern or consideration for future buys of them) is do they, or will they ever, include UNIQUE RT content (sans the Video part)??

Larry
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: basic Video RTs' Question - 12/07/17 03:43 PM
Many (most) existing RealTracks are without the video part (nothing prior to Nov 2016).

Out of 5,959 styles on my system, I have 135 styles that have one or more Video RealTracks associated with them.

Will new RealTracks be produced without Video? Only PGM can answer.

(That is, if I'm understanding the question correctly.)
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: basic Video RTs' Question - 12/07/17 05:00 PM
Originally Posted By: musiclover
The video realtracks were a surprise to me too, probably a nice little feature but wonder how they could be used, other than to learn a lick or too, or maybe even to to cut to, in a video of one of your own songs, but not so sure if that would work good.

I've not figured out what they are useful for either.

Quote:
Sometimes I feel now, that biab has totally matured not a lot more that can be added to it.

Good point but there are improvements suggested in the Wishlist that I would have greatly preferred over this new functionality.
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: basic Video RTs' Question - 12/07/17 05:05 PM
Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl
Again my only question (possible a concern or consideration for future buys of them) is do they, or will they ever, include UNIQUE RT content (sans the Video part)??

Larry

This is a very important question! If I decide not to buy the Video RealTracks, and that is exactly what I did, do I still have the RealTracks from those or am I missing out on them?
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: basic Video RTs' Question - 12/07/17 07:35 PM
No, my concern is nto if they produce RT's without videos - I could care less if they do or don't make more videos.

I'm concerned that they may produce RT's that have video and you can ONLY get those RT's WITH a VIDEO pak (you know inseparable, TIED at the HIP, etc.)!

PG jump in here please!
Posted By: JohnJohnJohn Re: basic Video RTs' Question - 12/07/17 07:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Larry Kehl
No, my concern is nto if they produce RT's without videos - I could care less if they do or don't make more videos.

I'm concerned that they may produce RT's that have video and you can ONLY get those RT's WITH a VIDEO pak (you know inseparable, TIED at the HIP, etc.)!

PG jump in here please!

That is exactly what I meant too! Based on what I see so far, I do not want or need the videos.
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: basic Video RTs' Question - 12/07/17 09:29 PM
No need for concern on this issue. Any Video RealTracks is also available as an audio RealTracks. The Video RealTracks just add video files to the same RealTracks audio directory that you have. Many people learn from the RealTracks, and as we know a video is much better than audio for teaching.
Posted By: Larry Kehl Re: basic Video RTs' Question - 12/07/17 09:52 PM
Peter

Thanks that clarified it I was just trying to VERIFY that as fact.

Thanks
Larry
© PG Music Forums