PG Music Home
Posted By: perdido Sound Problem - 12/07/17 10:21 PM
There are instances where I will be playing a tune, and all of a sudden the sound stops, but the measure cursor keeps moving as though the sound was working. Then, I can start a different tune and everything starts working normally. I only have sound problems with BIAB. It seems as though other users have encountered this problem.

I have other problems with BIAB, but the one I described is irritating. Sometime BIAB aborts when starting.

Yesterday the "geek squad" logged on my system, ran diagnostics, and made sure everything was working correctly.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Sound Problem - 12/07/17 11:13 PM
I don't have a sure answer but I have experienced this. First, what version of BIAB do you have, and what build?

How about your computer - can you tell us about it? For example, what is the single-core score on the free utility, Geekbench?

The reason I ask is that sometimes when a computer is under-powered, this has been reported. You could try the checkbox in Options, Preferences, RealTracks that says uncheck if the song has problems. There are one or two other checkboxes having to do with older computers.

Also, it's very rare in my experience, but a BIAB song can get corrupted. Does this happen with just this song, or any song?

Finally, when this occurs, I just reboot the PC, reload BIAB and the song, and the problem goes away. I always assumed it was just a case of computer resources.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Sound Problem - 12/08/17 02:11 AM
To tag on to Matt's post, if it happens again with a song, try this...

1. Right-click on the chord sheet.

2. Select Song Settings.

3. Select "This song has playback problems, disable fast generation"

This might help.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture fast generation disable.JPG
© PG Music Forums