PG Music Home
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if when you Video Render that any Audio that happens to be in the Band in a Box file is not rendered along with the instruments.

I have sent the following text to PG Music Support.

Would it be possible to add any Audio (that is in the file) to the Video Render (not to show it, but to hear it with the song)
I have a Band in a Box file with audio (me singing) and when I render to video the audio doesn’t play.
I think that would be good as you could upload your song to YouTube, or wherever, and showcase Band in a Box with your audio sounding along with it.

George
The videos include any audio that you normally hear in your song. If you render your song to an audio file, that would be the same audio as the video. So your own audio track should be included, as long as it is not muted in the mixer.

Do you hear your audio track when you play the song?

If you try rendering your song to a WAV file, do you hear your audio track in the WAV file?
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Help required with Video Rendering - 12/13/17 09:45 AM
Hi Blake,

I have tried your suggestions and this is the result.

The song file exports to wma file with audio - OK
The song file does not export to Video Render with audio - Fail
It does not show any errors.

The audio resides in the song file as a wav.
The audio is not mute.
I will send the file(s) to the support for you to check.

George

Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Help required with Video Rendering - 12/13/17 10:50 AM
George, if not already undertaken, do check Help > Utilities > Display Log file of text messages

Note that the date order is latest to oldest.

Check for any messages in that file relating to video, rendering etc. This could also assist the Support team.
Posted By: Mike Head Re: Help required with Video Rendering - 12/13/17 11:55 AM
HI George

Yes I get the same results , smile
I notice that the audio track does not appear in the video render screen where you select what you want to render. So I guess that is why . confused
All other parts tracks are available even if they don’t contain video.
As in the case if you just substituted video drums for non video drums in any style if it fits.
You can have a video of the drummer playing but you still hear all the non video parts from the original style, in the finished video.
But like you I see no way of including the audio track.
Mike sick
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Help required with Video Rendering - 12/13/17 01:02 PM
Hi videotrack,

Been there done that - No error message.

George
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Help required with Video Rendering - 12/13/17 01:04 PM
Hi Mike,

Thank goodness it's not just me laugh

I have emailed support with my Band in a Box file with the audio.

George
Thanks, I was able to reproduce the bug. This is fixed in the next build.
Posted By: Oneilvivas Re: Help required with Video Rendering - 12/13/17 09:48 PM
I have a similar problem, despite the recommended version of Quick Time (7.7.1), BIAB report error and say QuickTime is not installed, then the audio is apparently re-rendered using an alternate method and get frozen, or sometimes it step to "Rendering video 1 of 1" and still that way forever, finally I have to close BIAB. the problem is present in windows xp (sp3) and the same in Windows 7 SP1. I hope that next build fix it.

Oneil
On Windows 7, you should not need QuickTime. Have you installed the latest update patch for Band-in-a-Box 2018?

When it is stuck on "Rendering video 1 of 1" does the progress bar move at all, or is it stuck at zero percent?

Can you give an example name of the RealTrack you are trying to make a video out of?
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Help required with Video Rendering - 12/14/17 06:15 AM
Hi Blake,

Thank you for checking and fixing the problem, but it isn't fixed in 506 release 1, perhaps you mean the next update?

George
Originally Posted By: George Nelson
perhaps you mean the next update?

Yes, this is fixed in build 507.
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Help required with Video Rendering - 12/16/17 06:39 AM
Hi Blake,

Thank you so much for your testing and fixing this issue.

I wait with baited breath for 507 to be realeased.

Best regards and a Merry Christmas to all at PG Music, you all do a marvelous job.

George
Posted By: George Nelson Re: Help required with Video Rendering - 12/19/17 11:31 AM
Hi Blake,

I can verify that the render to video now includs the audio in 2018 version 507.

George
© PG Music Forums