PG Music Home
Posted By: rallypally BB 2018 stopped working after Activation - 12/12/17 10:22 PM
Hello

My BB 2018 cannot load after activation...was working fine before.

Help!

Thanks
Rally
I think you’ll want to call Support tomorrow. I’ve never seen this problem before.
Posted By: Jazzman Re: BB 2018 stopped working after Activation - 12/13/17 09:02 AM
Hi Matt

A 2018 download is automatically activated but here it still asked for the code - when I entered it the program froze

I then saw the download notes

I simply did a complete shutdown and on reboot everything was fine

As you and I have found many times a shutdown (not restart) and reboot solves many situations and should be the first go to in troubleshooting

Brian
I’m about to get my drive today. Thanks for the tip, Brian. I’m already activated but that was for a download.
Hi

Forgive me for jumping in here.
But it has always been my understanding that:
If you download a package or upgrade then PG automatically Register for you to your account for future downloads .
However when you install the package you have to Activate it on your machine to get your ticket, for that install on that machine.

So different words Register and Activate
Just my thoughts
Mike
Mike, you are correct.

BIAB gives you three activations, so you can install on a laptop and desktop, or make a new install after a hard drive fails etc. I have not read any other reports of problems about activation of BIAB.
After installation, says I have 30 days to use until activation.

For some reason, it failed to activate via internet after I entered the serial number.
I then emailed support, who then replied with the Activation codes for "manual" activation

With Realband, was no problem..
ok..strange thing just happened..

I first loaded Realband and left it open.
Then started BIAB, and it loads without the error!

Restarted the machine and tried loading BIAB on its own first...and now the problem seems to have been solved :}
© PG Music Forums