PG Music Home
Rendered AUDIO AND VIDEO ignore F5 mute etc.

Hi all

I am taking the liberty of reposting this in its own thread .
Hopefully Blake or someone from PG will respond .
I note we got a good result on the other problem with the Audio track not rendering to video. Thanks, so I live in hopes.

When using the Video realtracks if you use the bar settings F5 function to mute say a few bars of a particular instrument track, lets say the rhythm guitar for 4 bars and then return to normal on the next bar.
This works fine and the guitar does mute for those 4 bars while you are still in the song no problem.

However if you render the song to video, the rendered AUDIO AND VIDEO takes no account of the mutes so therefore renders video and audio for all bars in the guitar track, for the entire song.

One to test the developers me thinks, it would be great if the sound and video for that track froze for the muted bars.
Maybe I ask too much
Best regards
Mike
If there is a muted range of bars for a particular instrument, you should not hear it in the video. Basically, the video should sound the same as just playing the song.

However, the video part will not mute - ie. you will see the musician playing even though the sound is muted. Maybe we could improve that in the future.

But it sounds like you are saying that the audio is not muted properly in the video?
HI Blake
Thanks for your time ,

I can confirm that the audio does in fact mute in the rendered video as you say.
Just the video keeps running, leave that one to you.

Also I would like to say that since 506 video render works without Quick time installed in my W7 build so thanks again.
Best regards
Mike
I used to know a couple musicians who, when not soloing, would step off the stage for a quick smoke in the van. Can you work that into future versions? That would really make it real! grin
Originally Posted By: Blake
However, the video part will not mute - ie. you will see the musician playing even though the sound is muted. Maybe we could improve that in the future.

It will look kinda funny if the video for a track keeps playing while the music for that track has stopped! smile
© PG Music Forums