PG Music Home
Posted By: axeman49 32 bit to 64 bit - 12/17/17 04:53 AM
I just went through the long task of downloading Bn'B 2018, (I bought the HD, but wanted to get started with it), I could have swore I installed it at 64 bit, now my task manager says it's 32 bit, ugh. I have a fortune invested in virtual instruments, all installed as 64 bit. I can't use them unless Bn'B is installed at 64 bit. Does anyone know how to change it after it's installed, or do I have to go through the painful task of starting over with the installation! UGH

thanks
dan
Posted By: Noel96 Re: 32 bit to 64 bit - 12/17/17 06:38 AM
Dan,

BIAB and RB are 32-bit software.

While they run on both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems, the programs themselves are only available as 32-bit.

Depending on what you want to do with BIAB, it's possible that 32 bit is fine. For example, I use both BIAB and RB to generate raw WAV files that I then transfer to and compile in 64-bit Reaper (DAW). All my effects, etc., are added in Reaper and I often use a mixture of 64-bit and 32-bit plugins to enhance the WAVs from BIAB. I personally find that BIAB is amazing software. My music creation is not restricted by the fact that it's 32-bit.

Lastly, if it turns out that BIAB doesn't suit your needs, PG Music offer a 30-day money-back guarantee (no questions asked).

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: 32 bit to 64 bit - 12/17/17 07:34 AM
Dan, welcome to the forums.

I understand that you can run your 64 bit VST's with BiaB. Just install jBridge

jBridge is a $10 add on that allows you to use 64 bit VST's with BiaB and RealBand

Posted By: Noel96 Re: 32 bit to 64 bit - 12/17/17 07:36 AM
Trev,

Thanks for mentioning jBridge. That slipped my mind because I rarely use plugins in BIAB (other than TTS-1 for general midi). I prefer to do that in my DAW.

Noel
Posted By: MarioD Re: 32 bit to 64 bit - 12/17/17 11:58 AM
Hi Dan,

I feel your pain! I am in the same situation here. What I do is to use the GM synth that comes with BiaB just to get an idea of what it may sound like then I transfer all the MIDI tracks to my DAW. There I use my 64 bit soft synths.

Jbridge is a workaround but I haven't had a lot of success with it, mainly because I did not spend a lot of time with it. I do little work in BiaB and a lot of work in my DAW. YMMV

Having a 64-bit BiaB has been on the wish list a number of times. Personally I think it is way beyond time for that to happen.

PS - if you want to talk more about going from BiaB to a 64 bit DAW and virtual instrumentals feel free to PM me.
Posted By: CoolBreeze Re: 32 bit to 64 bit - 12/17/17 01:19 PM
I was reluctant to get Jbridge, but it's like it should be included with BIAB. Most everything works out of the box, but you may have to configure individual settings for some plugins. Plus you get it at a discount, so even though my main DAW has builtin bridging, I wanted to give RealBand a good workout.

There is a recent post on Jbridge that helped me. My understanding is that it's suppose to work out of the box, and it did for a lot of my plugins, but apparently some will need special attention. Good luck!
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: 32 bit to 64 bit - 12/17/17 05:35 PM
Originally Posted By: VideoTrack
.... I understand that you can run your 64 bit VST's with BiaB. Just install jBridge ..
jBridge is a $10 add on that allows you to use 64 bit VST's with BiaB and RealBand

for about 4 months i'v been Halion Sonic 2 and now 3, 64bit version installed only it seems, set to GM and without jBridge. I must be crazy, as it works flawlessly .. F
Posted By: A_R Re: 32 bit to 64 bit - 12/17/17 06:05 PM
It must have installed both 64 and 32 bit versions of the VST, a 64 bit VST will not work without JBridge. If you search within your "Program Files (x86)" VST folder you'll probably find the 32 bit VST installed there.
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: 32 bit to 64 bit - 12/18/17 05:20 AM
Guess you're right, checked but in my case jBridge converted the 64 version without my knowledge LoL. F
© PG Music Forums