PG Music Home
Posted By: sixchannel ACCESS VIOLATION WHEN AUDITIONING RTs - 12/19/17 12:47 PM
It may well be the way I am working, but if I was looking for, say, "Dreamy" in the RTs, I get a neat list of possibles, although not sure why some of them are relevant.
So start to audition the first likely one and its not right, so WITHOUT STOPPING THE PLAY I click on to the next one and get this Access Violation. At least I think that's what is doing it.
Is it likely that by not actually stopping the Audition of one before going to another I am messing up BB? And it might be worthy of note - the one I was going to go to DOES play, underneath the splash notice.
Cheers
ian

Attached picture ACCESS VIOLATION.JPG
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: ACCESS VIOLATION WHEN AUDITIONING RTs - 12/19/17 01:03 PM
No problem here. Looking at your sig, I don't know what you have. WindowsXPPro and Win 7? Is that a dual boot? What about the specs of the PC itself? Have you updated to Build 507?

Bob
Posted By: sixchannel Re: ACCESS VIOLATION WHEN AUDITIONING RTs - 12/19/17 02:27 PM
Hi Bob
Its a dual boot PC. So much of my software (that do everything I want musically) is on XP and IS unsupported nowadays. So I now have a newish Drive running Win7 Home edition as well. I can call up either drive on Start up.
I have BB2018Plus 507 on both.
PC geekbench score is 4500, plenty for BB.
This particular instance was in Win7 but IIRC its not a new thing and I can make this happen in XP too.
Further playing around with that screen also showed that it happens if I play a band demo then jump to the solo demo without stopping first.
Not a killer problem.
Cheers
Ian
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: ACCESS VIOLATION WHEN AUDITIONING RTs - 12/19/17 05:04 PM
Hi Ian.

When you mention 'Audition' does that mean you press 'Quick Play using pre-made demo' or 'Play using current chord sheet for song'?

And do you single click or double-click on the line in the stylepicker list?

I tried both but couldn't reproduce your issue.
I do get a message that the song cannot be auditioned if I try to play the next demo too son.

(Judging from the message, it's an uninitialized pointer or something similar)

Trev

Attached picture 2017-12-20_07-02-40.jpg
Posted By: jazzmammal Re: ACCESS VIOLATION WHEN AUDITIONING RTs - 12/19/17 07:07 PM
I didn't get either of those but maybe it's because I have a fast SSD machine. I double clicked the RT heard it for literally one or two seconds then clicked on another one. No issue.

Also Trev, this isn't the Stylepicker, he's asking about the RT picker.

Bob
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: ACCESS VIOLATION WHEN AUDITIONING RTs - 12/19/17 09:06 PM
Bob, Whoops, I didn't see that.

However, when I tried with RealTracks picker I couldn't reproduce the issue. I double-clicked and selected and pressed play pretty hard, but couldn't produce the issue Ian is seeing.

I don't really think machine speed is strongly related though to this issue. I feel it's something else.

Trev
Posted By: Al-David Re: ACCESS VIOLATION WHEN AUDITIONING RTs - 12/20/17 01:28 AM
Six Channel,

I had this very problem. here's what I had to do to correct - and so far so good.

As I was waiting for my USB Hard Drive of BIAB 2018 to arrive, I downloaded the update and the 49 extra files. Np problem. When my Hard Drive arrived, I used BIAB directly from the USB Hard Drive. I immediately started getting the same invalid address code you mentioned.

It dawned on me that I had the program in two separate places (after I plugged in the USB Hard Drive - the downloaded version and then the USB Hard Drive version). I simply deleted the downloaded version from my desktop Hard Drive. No problems since!

So, if you have the downloaded version on your computer and then attempt to use the USB Hard Drive version, this might resolve your issue. It did mine. if that is not your circumstance, then I don't know what to tell you.

I am using Windows 10 with all the klater=est updates.

Hope that helps. Merry Christmas!

Alan
© PG Music Forums