PG Music Home
Posted By: CalD No Sound - 12/28/17 02:50 PM
Hi

I recently installed a new sound modle (The Steinberg UR44).

For some reason. I cannot get Band in the Box to generate sounds. I attached a screen shot of my midi driver setting widow.

Can anyone offer some advice on how to set this up?

I can see the Band in the Box file moving across my screen when I hit play, but I get no sound coming out.

Thank-you. I am using Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Version 2017 (459)
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: No Sound - 12/28/17 03:44 PM
Hello,

The UR44 is a USB Audio/MIDI interface. Do you have any external MIDI device connected to the UR44? It would not have a MIDI synth built in.

It doesn't look like your file attachment worked.
Posted By: CalD Re: No Sound - 12/28/17 08:29 PM
Thanks Andrew and Happy New Year to you.

Usually I reply on whatever midi sounds can be had through the stuff that comes in Band in a Box or is connected to it. I'm not looking for superb sound. I only need to hear the sounds so i can decide what to export and bring into a DAW.

Try this link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NkQVSApZVIGoDxOYeYkIM_jVFWu1MsuR/view?usp=sharing
Posted By: Andrew - PG Music Re: No Sound - 12/30/17 03:50 PM
I see that you are using the Coyote Wavetable DXi synth for MIDI.

- Can you hear any sound on your computer?

- Can you hear any sound at all from Band-in-a-Box? Open the StylePicker and double click on a style - this should play a wma audio demo - do you hear that?
Posted By: fiddler2007 Re: No Sound - 12/30/17 05:56 PM
Originally Posted By: CalD
Hi

I recently installed a new sound modle (The Steinberg UR44). I am using Band-in-a-Box® for Windows Version 2017 (459)
Are you running a legit registered version?? This as there is a hacked version going around ... 470 is the latest and stable version for BIAB 2017. F
© PG Music Forums