PG Music Home
Posted By: Danna Audio session error help please - 12/29/17 10:19 AM
When starting BB I get a yellow dialog bottom right that says

"Windows Audio Session Error - input output samples must match"

Not sure what it affects, and do not know how to fix.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Audio session error help please - 12/29/17 11:26 AM
Originally Posted By: Danna

"Windows Audio Session Error - input output samples must match"

Boy, that is a classic MS error message... what the heck does that mean? crazy

I am guessing it is telling you that your audio device is set to a transfer rate of 48KHz while BIAB is set to 44.1KHz. Does that give you a better clue?
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Audio session error help please - 12/29/17 02:01 PM
Danna,

Go into "Options | Preferences | Audio" and try changing the audio driver to MME. That could help.

Regards,
Noel

Posted By: biab-user Re: Audio session error help please - 12/29/17 08:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Noel96
Danna,

Go into "Options | Preferences | Audio" and try changing the audio driver to MME. That could help.

Regards,
Noel

Can't BIAB deal with 48k then?
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Audio session error help please - 12/29/17 09:05 PM
Originally Posted By: biab-user
Can't BIAB deal with 48k then?

No. Band-in-a-Box is locked into 44.1Khz sample rate at 16 bit depth. Imported audio is normally, but not always, automatically converted to match BiaB settings.

Traditionally, audio uses the 44.1Khz sample rate because that is the standard set in 1981 for audio compact diskette (CD). 48Khz sample rate is the standard for audio used in television, film or with other video works.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Audio session error help please - 12/29/17 09:13 PM
As Jim has said, BIAB uses wma/wav files at 44.1 kHz.

The message you are getting is Windows-related (it looks like you are using the WAS driver). I've found that the WAS driver, which is a new addition to Windows was added to BIAB this year (2018), is not as stable/versatile as the MME driver. For this reason, I use MME as my audio driver.

One thing that you can try is to set your playback so that you allow active applications to take control of the soundcard (when in shared mode). This means that when BIAB is running, your soundcard will be used at 44.1 kHz and thus match the frequency of BIAB's audio files.

To do this, right-click on the speaker icon in the task bar, select "Playback devices" and then follow the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on the image below.

Regards,
Noel

Attached picture 48 kHz setup.JPG
Posted By: Danna Re: Audio session error help please - 12/30/17 08:34 AM
Thanks Noel

Your MME suggestion fixed it.

Thanks for the image also, as I was not sure where to find the windows Khz settings.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Audio session error help please - 12/30/17 08:38 AM
Glad you're up and running!
© PG Music Forums