PG Music Home
Posted By: NeilC RealDrums files not beeing seen - 09/01/09 06:30 PM
Hi Experts,
Just upgraded to BB2009,also have loaded Real Drums sets 1-20 in C:/bb/Drums.All the txt,wav and wma files
appear present.Problem is,I can't get any of the styles using RD to see the files,error message on any of these advising
that the expected file location for that drum style can't be found,despite them all being there.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Neil C
Warrington
UK
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: RealDrums files not beeing seen - 09/02/09 05:06 AM
>>>C:/bb/Drums
Do you mean c:\bb\Drums ?

Perhaps you have typed in forward slashes instead of backslashes. If not, please list the exact error message that you are getting.
Posted By: NeilC Re: RealDrums files not beeing seen - 09/02/09 01:08 PM
Hi Peter,
Error message,inside blue/yellow flashing box is "Cannot load drum style,because this folder does not exist" eg c:\bb\Drums\RockEven8.

I get this with any of the 81 styles listed as being Real Drums compatible,aslo the Real Drums picker is empty
after trying the Rebuild button.

The drum files for sets 1-20 are all there in c:\bb\Drums,so I can't explain this,other than possible new install of the main application?

Regards
Hello Neil,

If you do a 'Start | Search' for c:\bb\Drums\RockEven8 (copy and paste the text into the search field), does it find anything? If not, you must be running the Band-in-a-Box program from a location different than C:\bb, and have set a custom folder location for the RealDrums to C:\bb\Drums. (?)

If you search for RockEven8, what are the exact location(s) of the files/folders found? If you search for bbw.exe, what are the location(s) of the files found?

If your search does find the folder c:\bb\Drums\RockEven8, then I'm not sure how to explain the message in Band-in-a-Box. It's possible there is another cause for that message, but I don't know what it could be...
Posted By: NeilC Re: RealDrums files not beeing seen - 09/02/09 07:05 PM
Hi Andrew,
Drums are in the correct locations,I can find bbw.exe in c:\bb.Should it located elsewhere as well?

Regards,

Neil
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: RealDrums files not beeing seen - 09/02/09 07:44 PM
Look inside your c:\bb\drums folder. Maybe by mistake you have a nested folder calle c:\bb\drums\drums .
At any rate, look inside c:\bb\drums, and do you see a folder called RockEven8. (ie c:\bb\Drums\RockEven8)
You likely don't have a folder called that, which is why the program is issuing a message to that effect.
Posted By: NeilC Re: RealDrums files not beeing seen - 09/05/09 07:37 PM
Hi Peter,
No nested folder,and yes RockEven8 is there in c:\bb\Drums,with all the WAV and TXT files
at various tempi.Alongside all the others in sets 1-20.

I did send a message to the Support e-mail,requesting to identify the correct locations of all the essential
files needed to make the programme work,although the reply only referred to bbw.exe.

Should this exist in c:\bb only,or any other additional sub-directory?

Thanks.

Neil.
Posted By: Brallan Re: RealDrums files not beeing seen - 09/05/09 08:43 PM
Neil:

If you open "Preferences" and then open the "RealDrums" section, you will see an area in the lower right corner which allows you to check a box titled "Use a custom folder location..."

Could it be that somehow you have selected another location? For example, PowerTracks has a Drums folder (mine is empty, because my drums are installed, by default, in C:\bb.

Worth a look-see. Good luck.
Brad
Posted By: PeterGannon Re: RealDrums files not beeing seen - 09/05/09 11:33 PM
Perhaps you don't have BBW.EXE in c:\bb
Or you do, but you aren't running that program, you are using a shortcut which is running a different program (like f:\my Music\BBW.EXE).
© PG Music Forums